Page 1 of 3
what band or bands have the most talent possessed in them

Avenged Sevenfold-crazy lead,rhythm,vocals and drums

Rush-just every one in the band has amazing talent

Nirvana-most creative singer ever and the drums which im sure everyone knows who is the foo fighter guitarist/vocals/drums
RUSH end of discussion

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
lol
slipknot - cos there awesum
lamb of god - cos there underground and brutalz.

on a serious note all shall perish have some pretty skilled musicians.
Rush is pretty well filled to the brim with talent. Those guys are hella good at what they do
Rush
Mastodon
Protest the Hero
Coheed and Cambria
Between the Buried and Me

Edits: bands i forgot^
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Mar 27, 2009,
Tool - Everyone is unbelievably versatile and creative in their own ways. Insane time signature changes, wall of sound, an audible bass, and one of the most talented singers of this time

I'll agree with Avenged, although the bassist doesn't seem to exist in their old stuff.

Mastodon - Brann is a phenomenal drummer and sings on "oblivion" quite well, Brent can sing and do lead on some pretty progressive riffs, Bill holds the rhythms down very tight, and Troy now handling singing, bass, and a foot synthesizer should warrant them this title.
protest the hero, the human abstract, between the buried and me, misery signals...
Esp ltd M-1000 deluxe stblck EMG
Epiphone LP standard EMG 81/85
keiper les paul stock
Bugera 333 XL 120w head
H&K attax 100 combo
Boss me-50
Rush is an all star line up. Zeppelin too with Page, Plant and Bonham. Also Hendrix and Mitch Mitchell
just to say i dont think m.shadows is that great a singer but i think at least on a par with them is the talent of red hotchili peppers

and muse just for matt bellamys virtuoistic talent on guitar piano and vocals
Do I have to list the whole Progressive genre here?
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by godsmackdone
Tool - Everyone is unbelievably versatile and creative in their own ways. Insane time signature changes, wall of sound, an audible bass, and one of the most talented singers of this time

and Troy now handling singing, bass, and a foot synthesizer should warrant them this title.

Tool I also agree with, Danny is a beast on Drums, Adam and Justin play off each other so well, and Maynard is pretty much the most talented vocalist of our time

Troy... well Geddy (Rush) has always managed singing, bass, synth/foot synth at the same time, all while dancing around

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Dream Theater
Bodom
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Too big a list. Lets start off with some:

Necrophagist
Dream Theater
Spastic Ink (Just ridiculous)
Watchtower
Blotted Science
Spiral Architect (Might not be for everyone...)
Liquid Tension Experiment

The list really goes on, there's tons of more bands I could name, and tons of bands I probably haven never heard of that only a few people know.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Mahavishnu Orchestra
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Dream Theater and Rush by far pwn everybody as a whole band.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I think Alter Bridge is pretty talented. Tremonti is really good, although not the second coming of christ like some people think, Scott and bryan are both above average, and Myles can do whatever the hell he wants and it's going to sound amazing.
i agree with Rush and Avenged though, along with pretty much everyone else so I won't go into that very much.
Seasick steve.

Thats a talent end of.

He uses a 3 stringed guitar that rips his fingers to shreds,
Sometimes uses a 1 stringed diddley-bo
And makes them both sound amazing.

He sometimes uses a 6 string, and makes the bugger talk.

+ Hes on his own, Making his own percussion by stamping on a box!

OmNomNom!

Yhbbz
omg obviously led zeppelin is the most talented band of all time. john paul jones, jimmy page, john bonham, robert plant. greatest band ever, no one will ever come close.
Quote by Grungefan311929
omg obviously led zeppelin is the most talented band of all time. john paul jones, jimmy page, john bonham, robert plant. greatest band ever, no one will ever come close.

Biased much?

JPJ spends his time producing The Datsuns, Plant's voice has gone to hell, Bonham's dead and Page...well, we all know about Page.

Hardly the greatest band ever, imo.
i dont think hes speaking of now. in there time there the greatest band of all time is what he means. if they were the exact same now as they were 30 years ago they'd be the most talented.
...Avenged Sevenfold does have some pretty good members...

BUT......

Worst sounding Lead tones, overdone drum solos, terrible vocalist everything,etc.

Sure they have some fast players, but there is more to TALENT than speed...

But bands like Zep, Rush, Eagles, Nirvana, Quiet Riot, the Allman Brothers, the Beetles, Iron Maiden, Foreigner, Guns N' Roses, Metallica in the good ole days, etc.
Are TALENTED Bands all around...
Purely on talent I'd say Rush. Not my favorite band but they're all extremely good at what they do.
Guns N Roses, The Rolling Stones, Tool, RHCP, Black Crowes, Zeppelin, Rush, Pink Floyd
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Mahavishnu Orchestra

+ >9000
That, King Crimson, and ANY of Frank Zappas' line-up. Rush is an honorable mention.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White
Fender American Strat in Sunburst
Fender HSS Strat Satin in Red
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric in Black Sunburst
Marshall Valvestate AVT100
Fender G-Dec 15 watts
Digitech RP500
Last edited by -Dylan at Apr 22, 2009,
this thread is going to have an unbelievable amount of opinionated fail.

"talent"? i saw a precious few really talented bands mentioned here. mike patton has "talent" if you want to classify it.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by Godly Moose
Too big a list. Lets start off with some:

Necrophagist
Dream Theater
Spastic Ink (Just ridiculous)
Watchtower
Blotted Science
Spiral Architect (Might not be for everyone...)
Liquid Tension Experiment

The list really goes on, there's tons of more bands I could name, and tons of bands I probably haven never heard of that only a few people know.

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Quote by SunDrop
i dont think hes speaking of now. in there time there the greatest band of all time is what he means. if they were the exact same now as they were 30 years ago they'd be the most talented.

No, that would make them boring and unoriginal. You don't get anywhere writing the same stuff.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
In no particular order:

The Mars Volta
Mastodon
Opeth
Spastic Ink

...there's a ton.

EDIT: This is assuming recent bands only. Older stuff like Zep blows most of this **** away
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Last edited by Sawman3 at Apr 23, 2009,
Quote by Sawman3
In no particular order:

The Mars Volta
Mastodon
Opeth
Spastic Ink

...there's a ton.

EDIT: This is assuming recent bands only. Older stuff like Zep blows most of this **** away

WTF?! Zep blows Spastic Ink away in talent? Maybe you could make an argument for Opeth, but Spastic? No way in hell.
Page 1 of 3