I have a Epi LP w/ a Floyd Rose system on it. I switched it to Drop C a long time ago and have noticed a problem with my bottom string. While the top 5 strings have a normal narrow vibration pattern when played open, the bottom string exhibits a wildly wide vibration pattern, almost hitting the G string. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to pay to have my guitar set up for Drop C at a music shop?
Strings maybe too light a gauge? what guage are they?
11-52 are good for drop c (i think)
Also when changing gauge youll need to adjust the spring tension
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
11's are perfect for drop C, thats all I have ever used

Did you have the FR put on your LP, if so it might not be set properly...if you got the guitar with the FR on it, how was it when you first had it? was it set up for Drop C or E standard?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Sam Rulez D00d
d00d u have to get it set up for drop c at a music shop. the guy will bend somethin and fix the problem cuz the same thing happened to me.

Bend what???????
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Quote by Sam Rulez D00d
d00d u have to get it set up for drop c at a music shop. the guy will bend somethin and fix the problem cuz the same thing happened to me.

Do you really talk like that? I can't tell if it's serious.

TS, did you set up the Floyd properly for that tuning? Check the Floyd tutorial stickied here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
It definitely sounds like you got a set of 9's on there trying to pull that off. My band plays in drop C, and I use 12's. The tension of the strings makes the guitar feel like it's in standard when I play it. Everyone's saying 11's are perfect, but imo, they're all retarded. I used 11's for drop D and when we detuned I felt like I was playing spaghetti.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ