Hey guys, in your opinion(s), what should I get? I want more of a Zakk Wylde sound along with really good cleans. Which amo would be best for that sound/tone? A Crate V series combo or a Blackheart 5 watt combo?

Thanks and God Bless!
Havent played a Blackheart yet, but I have a V33 and V-series is the best cleans per dollar amp around.

Edit: just saw the zak wylde part tho.... definitely gonna need a pretty heavy duty OD to get there with a V.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Just the cab
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by HartRacer86
lol you have a blackheart in your signature dude. haha

no, he has a blackheart cab.

if you want Zakk`s tone, why not get an MG? the OVERDRIVE is CRUSHING!

but on a more serious note, maybe you could post your budget? other people would be able to suggest different amps is we knew your budget.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
no, he has a blackheart cab.

if you want Zakk`s tone, why not get an MG? the OVERDRIVE is CRUSHING!

but on a more serious note, maybe you could post your budget? other people would be able to suggest different amps is we knew your budget.

Ya just the cab, though I can speak for Blackheart's construction... superb. Also worth noting they're the same company; Loud Industries. (Love the name)

If you can find one of the V-Series deals goin around I'd say go for it. I have a SD-1 and a CF-1 and I can get pretty heavy, just choose not to.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ohhhhh my bad dude. hahaha

My budget as of right now is $300 (I could MAYBE go to $400). I'd really like to have a small 12" practice amp for my room. I'd also really like for it to be a tube amp, but you guys suggest to me what you think I should do.

Thanks and God Bless!
Not gonna be great for the metal tones, but you should definitely check out Fender's Blues Junior. Sweet little amp, AWESOME cleans, right in your budget. Again though I'd go try it out with some OD's to see if you can get it heavy enough.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Check out a Vj and some pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
A Valve Junior. It doesn't seem that impressive by itself but once you add pedals It's an excellent low cost class A. When i played the blackheart i liked the fact it had an eq but was $100 bucks more. I put an MXR 108 on the vj and it blew the blackheart away imo. Once i plugged it into my POD and other pedals it's turned into a really nice amp. Like it better then anything under $500 including vypyrs, valvetronixs and cubes. it's going to take about $600 to replace my Vj. Its all subjective but for the price a Vj is hard to beat once you get into some good pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by jimRH7
doesn't zakk wylde have a signature distortion pedal ?

He has his own Overdrive pedal.
Quote by jimRH7
doesn't zakk wylde have a signature distortion pedal ?

no. but he does have a signature overdrive. it's not a "Zakk in a Box" kind of thing, but it is actually a good overdrive. it's good for pushing an amp and adding a little more umph.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Blackstar HT-5 is your best option. Snagging a B-52 AT112 wouldn't be a bad idea either.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Blackheart Little giant + Zakk Wylde Crunch= never gonna happen (with an od you could)
Blackheart Hot Head 100w head ($800)+ Zakk Wylde crunch= sure.........

id go with the Blackstar or the B-52..
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Neither.

Get something that has more beef to it. Like a used VH-140c.

Also: Crate makes Blackhearts.
Quote by imgooley
Neither.

Get something that has more beef to it. Like a used VH-140c.

Also: Crate makes Blackhearts.

+1 to this. I'll also add a Crate GT3500H to the recommendations list. It's practically the same thing as the VH140C but can be found cheaper.
I just want to point out that even a supposedly measly 5 watt amp will be too loud when you push it for bedroom levels. I have a BH Little Giant, and even the 3w setting is too loud. I fixed that problem with a Weber MiniMASS attenuator, but that's an extra $75 + the cost of cables that you might not wanna pay. Also, you won't be able to push the Blackheart to metal tones. It just isn't meant to be a metal amp.

God Bless you too dude!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by theoreticmusic
Blackstar HT-5 is your best option. Snagging a B-52 AT112 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

on guitar centre i think the b-52 AT112 are about $350, not sure about the blackstar but both awesome amps.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
maybe a valveking 1x12? I dunno if that's zakk wylde-ish but it can get some pretty heavy tones. And I love the clean channel.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Last edited by emr_steelmech at Mar 27, 2009,
wait to try a Blackstar at your local GC or something, it will definitely get heavy enough for ZW, and beyond with a boost pedal. IMHO, I don't think there is a mini amp out that gets as heavy and sounds as "big" as the HT-5. Cleans are great, but not much headroom obviously.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
If you can, try to find the old V series of crate amps

The new ones have very little tonal range (although nice for the price)

Blackheart is nice, but remember, Loud technologies, the company that makes Crate and Blackheart is not having great financial stability so they are cutting corners on the new products

I work for a crate dealership and trust me .... Crate was an AWESOME AMP ! ... Blackheart is slightly redeeming, but not fully

IMO
Current Gear:

Peavey HP Special CT
Fender YJM Signature Strat
Gibson 1976 G3 Bass

Peavey Vypyr 60T
Crate V3012

Boss GT10
Ibanez Tube King
Digitech Grunge

BBE Sonic Maximizer (Never play without it)
^Wat.........

Blackhearts have better quality than the crate Vseries and it has the SAME (slightly better,IMO) quality as the Palomino's.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What do you guys thing of a Fender Blues Jr.? I've got a Metal Zone, a Zakk Wylde overdrive, a Crybaby Classic, (getting a Stereo Chorus) and a Noise Suppressor for my pedals. A friend of mine has one and is selling it. What is your oppinion?

Thanks and God Bless!
Nice amp.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^Wat.........

Blackhearts have better quality than the crate Vseries and it has the SAME (slightly better,IMO) quality as the Palomino's.

I disagree big time. The Palomino's were WAY better than the Blackheart the only reason Crate came out with the blackheart amps was to redeem themselves from the Crappy New V series and even crappier Flexwave amps that have been having nothing but problems.

Remember Loud technologies is on the vurge of bankrupcy since one of their plants did a force shut down and refused to re-open.

Crate is even using the Blackheart name as opposed to Crate in hopes that people won't attribute the Blackheart to the dissapointments that Crate has been making in the last 2-3 years

Although, don't get me wrong, the Blackheart is still a decent amp. WAY better than the amps produced by Crate in the last 2 years, but not a great as the amps the Crate produced years ago when they were a stong company.
Current Gear:

Peavey HP Special CT
Fender YJM Signature Strat
Gibson 1976 G3 Bass

Peavey Vypyr 60T
Crate V3012

Boss GT10
Ibanez Tube King
Digitech Grunge

BBE Sonic Maximizer (Never play without it)