I'm apply for this job and I need to also hand in a cover letter with my resume. I got most of the cover letter done except I'm not sure how to close it.

Is this alright?

" It would be in my best interest if I can have and oppertunity to work for your department. I will follow up soon, in hopes of arranging a time to meet.

Thank-you for your time

Sincerely

Mike"

I know people are gonna ask what the job is, it's a summer student job given out by the town to cut grass and to a bunch of town maintnance. Pays $10-$15\hr and 40hrs a week!
That's pretty bad man, makes you sound foregin. I think a cover letter is meant to tell them something about your experience and why you want the job.

Also it's an opportunity
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Foreign? lol Also this is only the closing line not the whole thing. I stated my work experience and skills in the real once I have saved on my computer.
LIE its simple
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Yeh man, it just doesn't sound like something anyone would say if speaking. Fair enough you want to sound professional, but I think you over shot and landed in Eastern Europe lol, if you tone it down a bit it should be good though
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Yorkville
I'm apply for this job and I need to also hand in a cover letter with my resume. I got most of the cover letter done except I'm not sure how to close it.

Is this alright?

" It would be in my best interest if I can have the opportunity to work for your department. I will follow up soon, in hopes of arranging a time to meet.

Thank you
for your time

Sincerely

Mike"

I know people are gonna ask what the job is, it's a summer student job given out by the town to cut grass and to a bunch of town maintnance. Pays $10-$15\hr and 40hrs a week!

FIXED spelling and grammar.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
How about this then:

For summer 2009 I hope that I may be given the opportunity to work for the Durham Works Department.

Thank you for your time
Quote by The_Casinator
You should say you're a sex offender too.
It's how I got my job...

Where do you work? I might apply
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
"In my best interest"? Makes you sound self centered and selfish.

Try:

"I would appreciate an opportunity to work with your team and look forward to meeting with you soon for an interview."
Quote by Yorkville

Is this alright?

" It would be in my best interest if I can have and oppertunity to work for your department. I will follow up soon, in hopes of arranging a time to meet.

Thank-you for your time

Sincerely

Mike"

First of all, spelling mistakes are a big no.

There is no - between the thank and you.

Its worded very awkwardly, realistically, it needs to be rewritten.

When writing a formal letter, there are 2 ways to sign off. Faithfully and Sincerely. Sincere is when you know the person, and faithfully is if you dont. AFAIK, faithfully would better suit your circumstances
Quote by Howard2k

Try:

"I would appreciate an opportunity to work with your team and look forward to meeting with you soon for an interview."

That's what I thought too, just didnt know how to reword it. Thanks!
Quote by Simsimius
Where do you work? I might apply

I work at a butcher's. I do cleaning stuff...
Yeah there weren't as much hot chicks as I hoped for...
Also one more question. Who should you address the cover letter to if you don't know the name of the manager or whoever looks at the covr letter\resumes?
If it's to the city - I would address is to:

Human Resources - Temporary Staffing

And then on the initial salutation, just use:

"Dear Sir/Madam,"

But ideally try to find out, maybe make a few calls and see if you can get some guidance.
I think this suggestion is the best i've seen, its about the same as i would have made mine.

Quote by Howard2k

Try:

Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by Howard2k
But ideally try to find out, maybe make a few calls and see if you can get some guidance.

This is the best way to do it. Call the company, find out the name of the person who will read the letter. If you were in their position, looking to pick people for interviews and only a couple had bothered doing that, then who would you pick?
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Fleabag
This is the best way to do it. Call the company, find out the name of the person who will read the letter. If you were in their position, looking to pick people for interviews and only a couple had bothered doing that, then who would you pick?

ok I just called them, she said it will go to a few people so I can't give a specific name She told me to just wirte: HR Manager, Works Department.
Quote by Yorkville
ok I just called them, she said it will go to a few people so I can't give a specific name She told me to just wirte: HR Manager, Works Department.

Well, at least you know that's their policy.

I know most Graphics Studios won't pay any attention to a CV and cover letter that isn't addressed to the right person, but then they tend to be smaller companies.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress