I bought a Boss ME-50 on boxing day. and ive seen a lot of people saying individual pedals are really better quality so....
im thinking of selling the ME-50 and buying some pedals.
all i want to know is what are good pedals to buy for these...
reverb, chorus, delay, wah-wah, OD, distortion.
any ideas?
thanks
Dunlop wahs are nice. The lower models can be modded to sound great, but the upper ones sound great stock. Check out the EHX small clone for a chorus pedal. OD, distortion and delay depend a lot more on what kind of music you play.
What type of music do you play? For wah, I like the zakk wylde one, and I have a few DigiTech pedals that I like. but other than that, It's hard to steer you in a direction without knowing what you're looking for, particularly with the distortions. I have an ME-50 as well, and I personally like it a lot, but that's me.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
in my band i play indie/rock. most of the songs use a basic distortion(not too heavy). and in some i use a basic overdrive tone. but when practicing on my own im in love with playing metallica and a lot more heavy stuff so i would like something to suit that also.
thanks
Save your money and only buy high quality pedals (analog circuitry, true bypass, etc). Its better to slowly build a collection of nice pedals than to go out and by 6 digitech/boss now.

You'll thank me later.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Boss Metal Zone distortion, Dunlop Cry Baby wah, Boss DD-7 delay
Look into Boss, they're one of the best out there for stomp boxes. At least in my opinion
also ill need a pedal board to use could somebody advise me for a cheap basic one that will just do the job thanks
Save your money and only buy high quality pedals (analog circuitry, true bypass, etc). Its better to slowly build a collection of nice pedals than to go out and by 6 digitech/boss now.

I agree in part. Blanket statements like this don't work for a couple reasons though. 1) Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a Boss or Digitech pedal. 2) You need to look at your budget and decide what is the most economical. Sure, he could buy one boutique pedal now, but how long will it take him to save for another? If he's not rolling in cash, it could be for a long time and it restricts his ability to write music (with effects.

For example, I use a Bad Monkey, I would certainly prefer a TS9 or OCD, but I got the BM for $25 a year ago and since then I never would have had the cash to get either of the others which means I'd still have no OD pedal now.

Quote by the.envy
also ill need a pedal board to use could somebody advise me for a cheap basic one that will just do the job thanks

Hit up you're local hardware store, get a nice colid piece of 1/4"-1/2" pine, some rubber feet, velcro and a couple handles and you're set. Get a can of flat black spray paint too if you're so inclined.

I build a decent board with a second row shelf for about $30~
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
go to the store and try out some pedals and come back here after and tell us wich ones you liked and we will point you in the right direction, most mxr stuff is good, boss makes good delays and chorus
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.