Hi,

At first I thought it was a problem with a scratchy pot, because using my volume knob would cause awful scratchy sound. Then I noticed that at certain increments of volume the sound would almost entrely be cut off like a kill switch.

I tried Praying with contact cleaner, but it did not help... if anything it got worse!

Then I noticed that if I put the slightest pressure on the knob (without rotating even) the sound cuts off. So this may be an indication of a problem OTHER than a dirty pot? Any ideas? I may be replacing the pot anyway, but wanted to be sure...
Last edited by gnolivos at Mar 27, 2009,
Hi,

At first I thought it was a problem with a scratchy pot, because using my volume knob would cause awful scratchy sound. Then I noticed that at certain increments of volume the sound would almost entrely be cut off like a kill switch.

I tried Praying with contact cleaner, but it did not help... if anything it got worse!

Then I noticed that if I put the slightest pressure on the knob (without rotating even) the sound cuts off. So this may be an indication of a problem OTHER than a dirty pot? Any ideas? I may be replacing the pot anyway, but wanted to be sure...

Try a different god?
you may need it rewired how old is it?
(the guitar not the pot)
Last edited by tukk04 at Mar 27, 2009,
try praying dirrectly to God instead of going through Jesus.. that might help.. either that or just replace the whole pot, i have the same situation going on with one of my guitars and thats what i'm doing.
Just replace the pot, it dosen't cost much to do so. Try CTS pots.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Does the fact that I slightly apply pressure to the knob and make it cut off the sound entirely mean anything to you guys? This seems like a different phenomenom than the typical scratchy pot.
Quote by gnolivos
Does the fact that I slightly apply pressure to the knob and make it cut off the sound entirely mean anything to you guys? This seems like a different phenomenom than the typical scratchy pot.

The pot is on it's way out, the resister board in the pot is cracked or distorted. When you put pressure on the knob the rotor blade breaks contact with the resistor element and kills the sound. replace the pot.
Quote by Killedelphia19
Try a different god?

Sigged :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr