Hey ultimate guitar people, ok I'm new to the whole guitar thing and I have a question about guitar maintenance: Is it better to leave the guitar cable in the output jack all the time or take it out whenever you're not playing? I've heard that it's better to take it out even though common sense tells me that leaving it in would lead to less wear and tear. I'm asking because I've heard of a lot of peoples output jacks breaking, getting damaged coming loose etc and I would kinda like to avoid that if I can :P
Doesnt reAlly matter
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
If you have active pickups, leaving the cable in wears the battery even when you're not using it, I believe.

If not, it doesn't matter.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Quote by kschaef
If you have active pickups, leaving the cable in wears the battery even when you're not using it, I believe.

If not, it doesn't matter.

This.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Personally take it out. I have active pickups and that does use battery power no matter what and even if I didn't I wouldn't keep it in cause if you make one mistake it may snap off inside there....
Take it out, the danger isn't immediate. Someone can get their foot caught in the cable and send your guitar to the floor.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Take it out, the danger isn't immediate. Someone can get their foot caught in the cable and send your guitar to the floor.

+1
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp