My sweeps sound good and clean on an acoustic car but when i hook up to my electric they sound kind of messy. any tips or reasons that could be?
I would like to find one of these "acoustic cars."

I can't sweep acoustic. I don't think very many people can. Congrats on being a very ass backward learner. Take it you usually play acoustic?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I would like to find one of these "acoustic cars."
I can't sweep acoustic. I don't think very many people can. Congrats on being a very ass backward learner. Take it you usually play acoustic?

+1

anyways... Maybe it's because the distortion is producing more out-put, making you have to mute your strings so the excess noise doesn't sound.

actually, what I just said is the truth... it's not "maybe", it's just "it's"
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Yes I play acoustic a lot more than electric. But do you think its my distortion or my pick ups making the extra noise?
Quote by TonicShredder
Yes I play acoustic a lot more than electric. But do you think its my distortion or my pick ups making the extra noise?

distortion, turn down the gain a lot, or even better, switch it off, and see what happens then, if it still isn't good, try using the neck pup instead of the bridge
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Muting sounds like the problem here, but if you play acoustic alot more your gonna find it easier on acoustic. You could maybe try and put some form of muting device around you neck (maybe a hair band a la Guthrie Govan) but i'd say just practice them more on your electric slow and clean then speed up.
if you can sweep on an acoustic you really dont need that much gain

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Ok, what I do Is tie a sock around the neck of my guitar really tight. It works as a mute, and you have something to wank-off in after the show!