alright, so i made a post yesterday about a trade i might make with someone. now, he has an aria pro 2 sl-dx-3 guitar which he's goana trade me for a crappy acoustic. the problem i have is, he says it has emg's in it, but the pickups don't have any labels on them (the don't have any emg logos), should they? do you think they're still emg's? i'm skeptical...
seriously? 27 views and no posts back... come on now. help me out. i wanna get this guitar if it's what the seller says it is.
dude, patience! this is no chatroom, its a forum - good advice takes some time!

I have no clue, to be honest - I've only ever seen EMG's with Logos on them, but that doesn't rule them out making ones without i guess

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Pictures would help.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by hendriko
dude, patience! this is no chatroom, its a forum - good advice takes some time!

I have no clue, to be honest - I've only ever seen EMG's with Logos on them, but that doesn't rule them out making ones without i guess

lol, i have patience but i'm able to make the trade this weekend and probably only this weekend so i need some answers fast haha. anyway, yeah, i know what you mean about them making non logo'd pickups but... in my 3 years of playing guitars with nothing but emg pickups i've never played/ seen an emg without the logo on the front of it.
Quote by Chris_Parker
Pictures would help.

certainly, give me about 5ish minutes to get them on my p.b. account.
Instead of posting a reply to everyone, just edit you last post. Most folks around here frown on multi-posts.

EDIT:
Nice, those ought to help with identifying.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
Instead of posting a reply to everyone, just edit you last post. Most folks around here frown on multi-posts.

and even make people who create interesting threads leave this forum-_-

yeah, but editing, in this case, is absolutely the way to go!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009

ok here's the pic of the aria pro pickups. look legit or no?

sorry i'll edit the next things i have to put up here! lol. didn't see your post till i made mine.
Last edited by apalks23 at Mar 27, 2009,
Arias are pretty crappy guitars. I'm just not sure why you'd want one. I'd rather have a squier with EMGs, fwiw.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
He could've painted/colored over them or they could've been exposed and he got covers for it, but have you played it?
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by theoreticmusic
Arias are pretty crappy guitars. I'm just not sure why you'd want one. I'd rather have a squier with EMGs, fwiw.

yeah, but i'm trading a crappy acoustic anyway for it. even though i have two schecters and a crappy acoustic, i'd rather have 2 schecters and upper beginner intermediate styled electric that i'd actually consider playing.
Quote by Chris_Parker
He could've painted/colored over them or they could've been exposed and he got covers for it, but have you played it?

uhh no not yet. i seriously don't want to make the 30 minute drive to where he lives just to find out that he's b.s.-ing if i don't have to lol.
Okay, well...they could be recovered EMGs, or they could be nothing. I'd just play the guitar and see if you like it. If you can.

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I saw a post in another thread that said "try before you buy, #1 rule", that applies totally here.

Also, double-posting constantly can get you reported by sticklers.
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by theoreticmusic
Okay, well...they could be recovered EMGs, or they could be nothing. I'd just play the guitar and see if you like it. If you can.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking they might be but seriously... who would recover emg's the exact same way they were covered before but just with no logo? i've been playing the same emg fitted guitar for like 2 and a half years too, and there is no damage to the covers or anything that would make me have an urge to recover them.

and yeah, try before you buy is a good thing to keep in mind. again, i just don't wanna make a useless drive if i can avoid it.
Last edited by apalks23 at Mar 27, 2009,
it's only 30 minutes and you should be playing it before you buy it anyway.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
it's only 30 minutes and you should be playing it before you buy it anyway.

i'm going to play it regardless. i'm not trying to get out of playing it. i'm just trying to not waste a good chunk of time playing some crappy guitar that i won't want.
It's a crappy guitar. There's no way around that. They use horribly cheap wood AND parts.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
It's a crappy guitar. There's no way around that. They use horribly cheap wood AND parts.

lol, well yeah i know that. but regardless i'm trading another crappy guitar. it's deff better than an estebon acoustic that i don't play!
you've already said that. there is no way in hell I would buy a cheap ass aria without playing it first and making sure it was in TOP condition. I'm just not sure what you're expecting.

Don't judge me.