Is it just me or these amps have something very distinct in the high frequencies area. The best I can describe it is somewhat digital "fizzing" to the tone. This getting more noticeable when the amp get more gain and it bugs the heck out of me.

I previously owned a AD50VT and it had this issue. Was too lazy to ask for help so I to took it back to the store.

Now the new line of Valvetronix are introduced to be "improved" than the last line. I was curious so I ask the store owner to borrow me his VT15 for a week or two. The exact same problem.

The clean tone on this amp is very accepable. The light crunchy tones is adoreable but that it... Slash's tone? My Pocket POD does it better. The only good hi-gain tone I can pull out of this little box is Kirk Hammett's tone from Death Magnetic album.

Anyone else also has this issue or is it just me?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
Is it just me or these amps have something very distinct in the high frequencies area. The best I can describe it is somewhat digital "fizzing" to the tone. This getting more noticeable when the amp get more gain and it bugs the heck out of me.

I previously owned a AD50VT and it had this issue. Was too lazy to ask for help so I to took it back to the store.

Now the new line of Valvetronix are introduced to be "improved" than the last line. I was curious so I ask the store owner to borrow me his VT15 for a week or two. The exact same problem.

The clean tone on this amp is very accepable. The light crunchy tones is adoreable but that it... Slash's tone? My Pocket POD does it better. The only good hi-gain tone I can pull out of this little box is Kurt Hammett's tone from Death Magnetic album.

Anyone else also has this issue or is it just me?

it might be your pickups, but then again, it is a modeling amp, they certainly do have a tendency to be plain fizzy
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Turn down teh treble and boost the mids. :stickpoke:

I've never had a problem with the high end. In fact, the only problem I've ever had was the low end.
Quote by imgooley

I've never had a problem with the high end. In fact, the only problem I've ever had was the low end.

Yeah. That, too. The Bass knob just doesn't do much...

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

it might be your pickups, but then again, it is a modeling amp, they certainly do have a tendency to be plain fizzy

Oh shajt...! Did I write Kurt Hammett? Haha... My bad. Lemme correct it.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 27, 2009,
I have the 100 watt, i know what you mean.

And I found an excellent fix that improves that and your tone dramatically.

Grab a 40 dollar Behringer (or other brand) stomp 7 band Eq, put in the FX loop.

It works wonders, literally like taking a blanket of un-awesomeness off the amp.
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo
You sir, are the definition of Epic Win.

Gear
-Homemade Pine/Blackwood P90 Tele, and few others
- Ceriatone Overtone Special
- GFS Greenie, Pro Chorus, Sparkle Compressor, Pitchblack, Biyang Fuzzstar
Quote by imgooley

+1. I've not known my AD50VT to be fizzy. muddy, but not fizzy.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by misterdarling
I have the 100 watt, i know what you mean.

And I found an excellent fix that improves that and your tone dramatically.

Grab a 40 dollar Behringer (or other brand) stomp 7 band Eq, put in the FX loop.

It works wonders, literally like taking a blanket of un-awesomeness off the amp.

The VT15 doesn't have effect loops T.T I don't think it can make a whole lot of impact with an EQ before the amp. Or can it?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

No. It works best in the loop. If you're technically minded give the FX Loop mod a try.

http://www.valvetronix.net/

And as others have said I've only ever had low end troubles (until I got the EQ. It's like a magic box!).
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain