i might be joining this band but they play 7 string guitars, so im looking at picking up a 7 string.

so, any recommendations? i dont want to go too crazy on the price, maybe in the 600-800 range.

I dont want a starter guitar, but I dont really wanna drop a thousand bucks on a guitar either.

im thinking maybe something from ibanez, like the xiphos-7 or something.
schecter, they have a variety of terrific value 7 strings, and they are high quality
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Schecter C7 Blackjack (atx), Hellraiser, Loomis sig etc., Ibanez S7320/470/520, RG1527, etc., ESP LTD Viper-417, SC-607 (Stephen Carpenter sig).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Erm schecter omen 7 seems good but cheap
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
Erm schecter omen 7 seems good but cheap

For his price range I'd go either, Hellraiser or Blackjack ATX. Dpending on which one TS likes more.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The Schecter Diamond Seven isn't bad either. Try a few, and get what fits your budget and what feels good/sounds good.
Quote by ^-^
The Schecter Diamond Seven isn't bad either. Try a few, and get what fits your budget and what feels good/sounds good.

All Schecters are Diamonds.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 is an affordable way to go, but I also believe Ibanez and LTD series have their own 7-string axes and they are pretty damn nice. Your choice.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW