So, my friend and coworker went down to Toronto this week to catch an Andy C show (Andy C is a drum 'n' bass DJ that I am not overly familiar with). I asked him if he could bring me back some bud, since Toronto usually yields not bad dank. He said he would, and he said he was gonna look for some yayo as well, which I hold no interest in, but whatever.

SO, I didn't talk to him for 2 days, and all of a sudden, like twenty minutes ago, he messages me on MSN, asking if he can borrow $300. Now, I don't have $300, but gladly would lend him some, so I asked him why he needed it. He said "I just need to figure things out". This is not like him at all. He said he "overspent" and when I asked on what, still no straightforward answer. I said I could lend him a bit. I asked if he got any bud, and he said no.

Now, the odd thing is, I logged onto Facebook after this convo and had a PM from him. In it, the tale is completely different. The message was from 11:30ish this morning, hours before he struck up the convo on MSN.

So I have good and fcukin great news. One I'll have some
**** for you and two the other things are a total
Possiblity just need more time. So I'll hook up the heavy trips when I come back down here in a couple weeks LOL
You love me I know.
Andy c was ****ing sick my legs keep cramping up LOL

He mentioned none of this on MSN. I think by overspent, he means he bought a lot of coke and can't afford bills. Or, he wants more coke. He's really frantic, and keeps asking if I can get it to him tonight.

PIT, wtf?! I want to lend him a bit, maybe like $50, but I fear it might go to hard drugs, since he really likes his stimulants. What do you think? Should I lend him some money?

tl;dr - Friend frantically asks for cash ($300) to cover his "overspending" on his trip. 2 different stories, completely opposite from one another. He's kinda scarin' me. What should I do?
tldr
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Man, I have a tl;dr for you to read...

And ShaunDiel, I did but he won't say. I'll have to confront him tomorrow at work.

EDIT: Well, as far as I know, DnB is quite fast paced, and really fun and intense to dance to. So I'm sure using a bit of coke or E would only enhance it.
You're seriously asking whether you should lend your friend $300 for him to spend on coke?
what kinda guy is the coo worker? No money tillyou get a straight answer id say
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Don't give it to him. Unless you know exactly what it's going towards, you shouldn't EVER part with your money.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
No, that's the thing, I don't know if he is gonna spend it on coke, because he has backed off of it for like 2 years now. But I am wary.

The thing is, this guy is really responsible. He pays all his bills, prioritizes work, is courteous and nice to everyone - I really like him a lot, he's a cool guy. So this is why I am concerned because this is not his normal behaviour and I wanna find out what's up.
Quote by Levi79
This why i haven't even tried weed yet. I don't want to get into **** like this. But I would try to figure out what is going on and get him some help if he needs it.

weed =/= gateway drug

TS, id find out why your friend needs the $300 before lending it to him or jumping to conclusions. if hes on a coke binge, dont give him any money, not even the $50.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Yeah, he is still asking for it. I'm starting to think it's not even him on MSN...

I am in no position to lend cash anyways, but I am determined to get to the bottom of this.
Threads that have Lol or Lmao or WTF in the title should automatically be closed
Expand your vocabulary you testicle-licking ferret ****er! Good day *swishes cape*
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
Threads that have Lol or Lmao or WTF in the title should automatically be closed
Expand your vocabulary you testicle-licking ferret ****er! Good day *swishes cape*

Yeah, they should all be closed for sure!

For your information, I have a larger vocabulary than many people, so shut it. Nice to see you're well versed in Elizabethan era insults though. Good job, you fish-mongering scullery maid, you.
Hes either:

A) Downing from the yayo, about to cry if he doesnt get more

b) in debt to a drug dealer

c) paranoid off the coke, thinkin he needs money for something
Quote by Pernell
Hes either:

A) Downing from the yayo, about to cry if he doesnt get more

b) in debt to a drug dealer

c) paranoid off the coke, thinkin he needs money for something

I suspected A and B, ya. I don't know what else he could need $300 for.
This is a good time to shamelessy advertise my group
vvvvvvvvv
Was andy C good?

Im so jealous.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Levi79
This why i haven't even tried weed yet. I don't want to get into **** like this.

This
Gear:

Line 6 Variax 300 (electric)
Jay Turser acoustic
A soon to be Jackson Demmelition King V

Bugera 6260-212
Vox AD30VT (for sale)
Don't give him any money.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Tell him you need to know what the money is for. He might really need it for bills or something other than drugs and he's just too embaressed to admit that he's broke.

I've been in (and by that I mean I am right now) a similar situation (mind you I stay away from stimulants and other physically addictive drugs).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by blues_to_thrash
This is a good time to shamelessy advertise my group
vvvvvvvvv
Was andy C good?

Im so jealous.

He said it was a bad ass show, but I'll find out more about it. Before I met him, I never had really heard of DnB. Eh.

It was surprisingly cheap, like $18 cover charge or something.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Yeah, they should all be closed for sure!

For your information, I have a larger vocabulary than many people, so shut it. Nice to see you're well versed in Elizabethan era insults though. Good job, you fish-mongering scullery maid, you.

I wish we had a high five smiley for things like this.

Anyways, try and get him to talk to you about why he needs the cash and make sure he knows that you're there to help him, but you need to know what you're paying for. If he's in deep and so messed up that he will use the money for coke then giving him cash won't help him at all and you'll be out 50 bucks (or however much).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Mar 28, 2009,
Are you sure it is him who is asking for the cash? I have recently heard stories of peoples im and email accounts getting hacked, and scammers posing as that person asking family members and friends for money. Just be careful.