Andy has a new song that he has been playing at shows for the last month or so. It's working title is "Theme For A Vacant Amusement Park". Here is a clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51kA45wnZg

I think it's alright, I dunno, it just sounds like something is missing to me. Maybe it's the quality of the video or maybe it just has yet to grow on me. Either way I figured some of you UG's might dig it.

Fingerstyle for Life!
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Mar 27, 2009,
andy mckee is so awesome, we need more musicians like him

thanks for update, bro!
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
There's no good reason why you don't like it, it's just a crap song.

Then again the only thing I like to have come from Andy McKee is Rylynn.
Quote by Silverstein14
^ You don't like much, do you?

I for one, think it's a beautiful song. Really simple sounding, but beautiful nonetheless.

I like Matons and Tommy Emmanuel, not vomit coloured guitars and boring songs

And in regards to your last comment, have you had a stroke recently?
The title fits. No one would want to be subjected to listening to that all day.

I truly don't understand the Andy Mckee phenemon. Some of his stuff is alright, but none of it really seems to have any soul...
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31

I truly don't understand the Andy Mckee phenemon. Some of his stuff is alright, but none of it really seems to have any soul...

Agreed.

Rylynn is the only decent thing he's come up with.
Quote by slidething31

When people are arguing whether something or somebody has soul or not, it's bound to end up bad...
Quote by Rallymonkey
When people are arguing whether something or somebody has soul or not, it's bound to end up bad...

I don't mean soul as in the subjective "feeling", I just mean that most of his work seems, to me, to be lacking something unquantifiable, in a very significant way.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
We're not arguing, it just obviously isn't mine and slidething's cup of tea.

I can why why some people really like him but his music just doesn't appeal to me, for the same reason as slidething stated.
I only really like a few of Andy's stuff. Ebon Coast, Heather's Song, Keys to the Hovercar, For My Father, and Practice is Perfect. Everything else is okay... Same with a lot of Antoine's stuff. Although I like a few more of his songs than Andy's. Seriously though, Don Ross is THE man. How to Eat an Avalanche is pure gold!
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I only really like a few of Andy's stuff. Ebon Coast, Heather's Song, Keys to the Hovercar, For My Father, and Practice is Perfect. Everything else is okay... Same with a lot of Antoine's stuff. Although I like a few more of his songs than Andy's. Seriously though, Don Ross is THE man. How to Eat an Avalanche is pure gold!

Truth.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Agreed.

Rylynn is the only decent thing he's come up with.

Yeah, Rylynn is his top song with the most soul and feeling. After that I'd say is Drifting, but Drifting almost seems like as if he's just showcasing his skill and techniques (which is a lot), but it's almost as if it's all show and no soul. His songs repeat way too much and seem to lose track of a message too. The two guitarists that I think are unique and overshadowed by McKee are Don Ross and Antoine Dufour. Really, their styles are more unique, although I'm not saying I hate McKee either. He's a great guitarist really and he definitely deserves to be distinguished and recognized, but he is a bit overrated. Nonetheless Andy McKee is still an amazing guitarist and is one of my major influences!

Quote by slidething31
I don't mean soul as in the subjective "feeling", I just mean that most of his work seems, to me, to be lacking something unquantifiable, in a very significant way.

I believe "soul" is the right term because his most of his music IS missing something even though his songs really do have feeling. However it's hard to describe what's missing and can only be thought of with the word of "soul." It's strange isn't it? We aren't really sure what the specific term "soul" means, but we get the same exact idea of what's missing.
Last edited by ItsTheMatthias at Mar 27, 2009,
I like his music and to me it seems to ooze emotion. My favourite song by McKee is "Africa"
Give peace a chance
Quote by shibbythestoner
I like his music and to me it seems to ooze emotion. My favourite song by McKee is "Africa"

You know he didn't write that, yeah?
i think most of his music is decent, but the only one that really sticks out to me is rylynn(although i wasnt aware that was the case for so many people).

im personally a much bigger tommy emmanuel fan. they arent exactly the same genre but meh...
tommy just has much more stage presence and general musicality.
I think "Art of Motion" is a great album. His other stuff is okay, but not quite as good. I personally like Antoine Dufour much more than him. And above all else, John Butler's instrumentals, "Under an Indian Sky" and "Ocean" are amazing.

Best instrumental-only guitarist I know of has to be Andrew Gorny, though. I don't even know how he does most of the things he does.