Is there any one who can advice me on what pickups to get? I like metal and hard rock but also use my guitar for church services. Hence it has to be rather versatile. Please do include the price of the pick up because I would like to make price comparizons. Heard bout dimarzio activator pick ups. I have a epiphone les paul custom
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR 08' edition
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
Takamine G Series EG341SC
the dimarzio d-activators would not work for the church services. i suggest either seymour duncan jb/59 or dimarzio tone zone/air norton combos
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Are those combo's good for metal and lead? Lk AX7 kinda stuff. Someone told me the invaders would be pushing the limits for church services lol. How bout EMG then.
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
yes, the pickups would work very well for metal and leads, but they are versatile enough to play church stuff on. emgs, invaders, and d activators are one-trick ponies, for your situation, id stay away from them
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
gibson '57 humbuckers. nuff said

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Ic..how much is the normal price for the dimarzio pickups mentioned earlier? The prices here are 2800 rubles for one. Which is USD 83
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
The gibson's are way too expensive. tone zone for bridge and air norton for neck rite? Sorry Im a beginner when it comes to lk modding
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
Seymour Duncan '59's (SH-1). Or the Duncan Alnico II's.
I suggest some vintage output pickups and work your amp and pedals for the heavier non-church styles. Both sets of these Duncans clean up real well for mellower tunes.
Oh but I'm looking for a versatile set ady. One of the combo's up there would do it nicely. Plus I dun really have the budget to spare. Perhaps I'll just change the bridge pick up first then the neck one next month. It's okay to do so rite?No imbalance or anything like that?
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
You could probably go emg it depends on your amp. You could a do a 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
What amplifier is it you play through? Because your amplifier defines your tone much more than your pickups do. Depending on what amp you use, there may be no point in changing pickups at all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
+1

If those amps in your sig are all you use then it's really not going to make any significant difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Um, when I changed the pickups on my Epi LP I got a SH-2N and a JB-4, both Seymours. Great clean tones on the neck, creamy leads on the neck, and crunching distortion on the bridge, as well as a funky clean.

I also considered Swineheads, the Warthog one was pretty cool.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Those are just my practice amps at home. In church they use a VOX and a Marshall. Not sure of the exact model though but they are large amps. Just thought like upgrading my pickups would be beneficial in the long run because I play regularly in church and epi stock pick ups aint that good
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
Quote by Julian2103
Those are just my practice amps at home. In church they use a VOX and a Marshall. Not sure of the exact model though but they are large amps. Just thought like upgrading my pickups would be beneficial in the long run because I play regularly in church and epi stock pick ups aint that good

What is it that you find wrong with them? Not what other people tell you or what you've read...what's YOUR opinion of them?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I had an Epi les paul and it sounded just fine for all sorts of music. They aren't too hot and not so aggressive for metal, but they deliver nice creamy bluesy sounds. In short, the stock pickups aren't that bad, but you could do something to upgrade, but you can't really keep it under 100$ per pickup and they are definitely something worth matching.

My advice is to show up early for church and play with the amps for a little so you can get your sound there. You mentioned that those amps were your practice amps at home, so I'm not surprised you're not getting the nice metal tones you should. Many bands use epi because there are some gems out there and it's not always about the name.
If I wasn't me, who else would I be?

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1
Well, the tone is not warm enuf and sustain kinda lacks out sometimes. Plus upgrading my pickups is never a bad thing to do rite?
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
upgrading pickups, even tho many may not agree, can make a huge diffrence. I have a epi lp studio, put gibson burstbucker pro in the bridge and a 57 classic in the neck, huge improvement, id say go with the burstbucker pro, very versitile, with that combo using both pickups on clean gives a great tone, and if u get the 57 classic "plus", it is louder that the burstbucker
Is there anyone who can walk me through the process of changing pickups? I bought a super distortion and air norton today. or give me a link I cant seem to find any that is detailed for epi les paul
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max