What should my band wear when we play on stage? We are a Punk/Metal band (I know that it sounds different) and we play about 80% Punk and 20% Metal, and none of us have found a good look for when we get on stage, so I'm asking UG to help us out.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
hmm. to create a real vibe, go to every show naked. and gradually, as the show progresses, put on very little clothing. ie. belt, socks, necklace, that kinda jazz. you'll be in the paper and beyond in weeks
Leather semi tight black jeans more leather and some boots? Idk wear what ever cloths u have it about the music man
\m/ metal up your ass
jeans and black t-shirts, backwards cap for the singer
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
hot topic, and ask the employes there, they might help you. if
you live in quebec, go to amnesia and d-tox. pretty nice stores
Wear whats comfortbale

But if you wanna do what most bands, wear lots of black, and shirts of the bands you love

something like that, but as stated before....its about the music
Black skinny jeans with metal t-shirts and the sleaves must be cut off
Quote by CamaroEric+
80% look like you dont give a damn, 20% black clothes/ band shirts

Well they should atleast have a central theme. Like you cant have one guy in a fancy shirt and tie then one guy in a ratty old t-shirt and jeans.
Quote by editthesadparts
Be punk and wear whatever the **** you want.

yeh lets bring down the government by wearing clashing t-shirts!

no offence i understood what you meant :P

have a common theme throughout the band
either all scruffy ruggard look
or all smart
maybe meet in the middle for smart casual shirt and tie but with jeanss etc

(obviously not like business suit shirt and tie)
either way your audience will only care abotu you appearance if your music isn't good
and then they'd only be looknig for negative things anyway
black skinny jeans that r cut off above the knee and white or black shirts
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
These questions come up all the time, but they're not really answerable by an internet forum. After all, we can't see what your band look like - there's a lot of generic 'punk' styles but there's no guarantee what'll work.
For example, our band plays hard blues/rock - but at 6" 2' and with short, flaming red hair, I doubt I'd suit the 'leather jacket and cowboy hat' look

As long as you look like yo're at least vaguely in keeping with your chosen genre ( I tend to wear flares and cowboy boots,fror example, and our guitarist has a fine collection of ludicrously flowery shirts), you'll look fine. If you want to build up a proper stage image, look at lots of similar-sounding bands you respect and decide what would work and what wouln't.

Also, as a rule of thumb, if you spend more time before a show on your hair than you do on setting up and tuning your guitar - you're a dick.
dude, i see what ur getting at, but does it really matter. i mean, you have allready (no offense) in a way sold out. it doesnt matter what u wear. there is no point wearing somthing on stage that u feel weird in. wear what u want man.
Clothes that you feel confident in, you can look like a complete twat on stage as long as you feel well dressed and attractive. This confidence should allow you to be more relaxed on stage and hopefully move around a bit.
***Short Sig***
It's about the music and if you're confident you'll have the stage presence.

But, I know what you mean. Coverse, tight jeans, Hot Topic items. Chain belts. Um...what kind of hair does your singer have?
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke

But, I know what you mean. Coverse, tight jeans, Hot Topic items. Chain belts. Um...what kind of hair does your singer have?

Sorry for not replying, I was on a snowboarding trip.

But he has a mohawk lol.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Rokkstar64
Well they should atleast have a central theme. Like you cant have one guy in a fancy shirt and tie then one guy in a ratty old t-shirt and jeans.

Why not?
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke

The bolded parts pretty much explain the hypocrisy inherent in virtually every single person who uses the phrase "it's all about the music".

Such people rarely play live shows behind a screen, refuse to talk to the audience, release their music anonymously free of charge or pass on doing promotion for said releases.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Damascus
The bolded parts pretty much explain the hypocrisy inherent in virtually every single person who uses the phrase "it's all about the music".

Such people rarely play live shows behind a screen, refuse to talk to the audience, release their music anonymously free of charge or pass on doing promotion for said releases.

Thanks, that really helped answer my question.

NOT! (says in Borat voice)
Lol jk broski.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by SilverchairFan
Wear whats comfortbale

But if you wanna do what most bands, wear lots of black, and shirts of the bands you love

something like that, but as stated before....its about the music

yup.
ask hot topic ppl....they have good ideas....but i would go with black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with a cool jacket or sumtin.....but then again im not really into punk.....metal and alternative are more my thing
Quote by editthesadparts
Be punk and wear whatever the **** you want.

That's not being punk. That's just being a normal person. Almost everyone wears what they want to wear unless they have to do otherwise.

I can't believe people are seriously recommending Hot Topic.
Last edited by werty22 at Mar 31, 2009,
Depends on the genre. If you like street punk, mod a leather biker jacket or denim vest with patches and spikes. If you like hardcore, wear a plain black or white shirt. If you like crust, go dumpster diving for clothes and stop showering. If you like skate punk, wear some skateboarding hoodies.

Or just wear whatever feels comfortable.
Quote by Rokkstar64

Skillet did that at a concert I went to...
Quote by guitarist2013
ask hot topic ppl....they have good ideas....but i would go with black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with a cool jacket or sumtin.....but then again im not really into punk.....metal and alternative are more my thing

or not.

that might be your best bet.

support other local bands. wear their shirts on stage.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Metal and punk huh? all in one? Actually that doesn't sound different at all; sounds like most of the bands out their right now, and if you want to look the cliche part, then your really should just walk into hot topic and randomly grab some black outfits. Bam! instant generic punk-metal attire.
trashbags with holes for arms and head, cutoff jeans, swimmer's caps and wingtips.

You gotta wear nice shoes.

Bonus points for spelling four-letter words with one letter per trash bag. Stand out of order, so people have to think about it.
What kind of punk is it? ****ing GG Allin **** or Blink 182?

If you want to pull off something like Iggy Pop, just cut yourself with beer bottles and try to pick fights with the audience.

If you're into dance punk or whatever, just stop by Hot Topic and DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD. Check out the Warp Tour, and rip off every single act you see.
If music is your profession, then it's not about the music, it's about eating and having a place to live. Find out who your audience is, find out what they dress like, and tada.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
On the gigs I've played I wore just a random band t-shirt, jeans and converse. Doesn't really matter that much what you wear though. Like people said wear what you're comfortable in; if you're comfortable wearing normal clothes wear that, if you're comfortable wearing fancy stuff wear that... You get my point mkai?