Page 1 of 2
The advanced chorus at my school needs a guitarist to play "Bohemian Rhapsody" while they sing it. With the solo and stuff. I've been playing about 1.5 years, but I'm not that good...I can play "Nothing Else Matters" (the whole song) and "sunshine of your love" solo...along with other stuff, but that's about the hardest.

It would be in about 2 weeks..since I'm taking classical guitar by the chorus teacher at school now, she asked if we knew anyone who could play it, then she played the recording. I know I can play it, it's just a stage fright issue. I've only played one song at church, and one at school (only for my class). I don't know if I'll be able to remember it/play in time with the singing in front of the ENTIRE school. I want to play it, but I just don't want to screw up.

There's a piano player and a drummer also..

Is this too big of a "1st gig" for me? How large was your first gig?

TL;DR If I want to I can play Bohemian Rhapsody for school performance w/ chorus, but I don't know if I have the confidence.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
It'd be a great experience I bet, and would be a good source of motivation.

I'm sure you wouldn't regret it + chicks dig that ****.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
I think you should do it, you're eventually going to have to play your first gig anyway (if gigging interests you). Everyone is nervous for their first gig, just make sure you practice the song a lot.
just do it.

you'll regret it after if you don't.

just think even if you do mess it up you can just blame it on " bad acoustics in the hall"
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Have a rape party then do it!
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Mar 27, 2009,
my first "gig" was for my school in front of about 200 people & i had to play the bass for Enter Sandman, i was only doing it cos i thought it'd be a bit of fun & i got some time out of other lessons to 'practise' for it

& on the night, i was SOOO bored of it & we wern't really allowed to move, we had to stand & play, that was it, so i was bored sh!tless & apparently you could tell
do it, you will feel good no matter what if you at least you gave it a shot......

my first gig was infront of about 250 odd people..... we blew it, i have no regrets
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Yeah man I'd do it if I were you as if you don't you'll only regret it! Just relax and enjoy it and you'll be fine!
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
I'll talk to the teacher about it, but she basically is desperate at this point
I'd just be reallyyyyy nervous! Sweaty palms+guitar=fail? lol
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by KGB_INC
do it faggot.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Quote by Comrade Curry

Do it faggot

oh god, old /b/ meme's hurt my eyes
My first "gig" as such was in front if the entire school - 1600 people.
Yes, I was pretty damn scared, but once you start playing it's all good.

Just be confident with your ability, warm-up thoroughly, and enjoy it.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Do it, It'll be awesome.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
take a few shots of vodka or something before going on

really though it's a pretty good opportunity and even if it sounds a little like the song people will love you for it
Just do it.

Up until then, just keep practicing in front of other people to help with the stage fright.

Especially people that will be in the audience. Then pretend just those people are there in the audience.
My brother played his first gig at a talent show in front of 1000-1500 people. They played Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin. They were all about 11 years old.

Your better than my brother arent you?
I say go for it. It'll be a good learning experience.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
do it
once you get into it, you wont even notice the people
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by KGB_INC
do it faggot.

I second this notion.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Gigatiran

I'm sure you wouldn't regret it + chicks dig that ****.

I vote you do it, definitely. My first "gigs" as such, that weren't high school jazz band, basically amounted to me improvising solos nearly constantly at a reasonably small church. Even when I failed everyone thought I was amazing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Well, if you think you can play the song really good, do it. I hate queen.... but I say go for it.
My first gig was after playing guitar for 6 months and it was 4 songs me and my band wrote, the other guitarist who has been playing for 6 years wrote it and we learned it in two weeks and played it in front of about 500 to 1000 people at a big outdoor festival, Once you get up on stage its a wave that washes over you man, you forget about all those people down there, you just... KNOW... you know the music and you feel it, you don't wonder what they think, you play your ****ing heart out and it is going to rock their worlds!
In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury himself
Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo' face
You big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place

Now get out there and ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My experience and the countless youtube videos that have been posted here have shown that even if you don't play something perfectly, people will still like it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Also, TS, remember that a lot of people will be too busy going " FEMALE WITH GUITAR " to actually judge your playing. Sad fact.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

ಥ_ಥ

Don't forget to remember, the Devil's got pills in his eyes.

Future Trunks of the Dragonball Alliance. PM Msu_Man04 to join.
Quote by sysdown27
do it
once you get into it, you wont even notice the people

This

And...
Quote by Karvid
My experience and the countless youtube videos that have been posted here have shown that even if you don't play something perfectly, people will still like it.

This
Page 1 of 2