I just had my birthday, and with the money all together comes out to be $140. What pedal should I buy, or any other accessory?
I have
Squier Strat(>.<
Frontman 15g(>.<
DS-1 distortion pedal

I was leaning towards a wah pedal, but I might be needing something to get me a better tone. I won't be getting a new amp as I only have $140, and I probably won't save it because it will take too long to add up to a decent amp. Any suggestions on what to get?
Quote by SecretAgentS
I probably won't save it because it will take too long to add up to a decent amp.

Damnit.
WTLTL 2011
yes put money toward a new amp. Get a tubed amp, there honestly is no pedal that can match their sound, quit being a guitar noob and buying pedals when you dont need any. Save for a Tubed AMP!
new amp....or guitar... both need work my friend
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Bree!Bree!
yes put money toward a new amp. Get a tubed amp, there honestly is no pedal that can match their sound, quit being a guitar noob and buying pedals when you dont need any. Save for a Tubed AMP!

you are calling him a noob... and you are calling them tubed amps?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
yah craigslist it man.

but i guese use the money to buy a multi effects like an ME-50, craigslist it man, youll me able to find one for 150 easy.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 27, 2009,
Or save for a new guitar, you really need good equipment to produce a good sound, throw away the squire.
I'm going to go ahead and recommend saving it as well. Saving can be a bitch, but you'll be thanking yourself later down the road when you have money for something truly awesome. If you're looking to improve your sound, I would upgrade the amp first and foremost. A cheap guitar will sound better through a good amp than a nice guitar through a cheap amp, and effects can be fun, but I can't stress the importance of a good amp enough. It's where good tone begins.

Upgrading your guitar wouldn't be a bad idea either
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
simple just give it to me
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
the metal muff is awsome for 90 bucks
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Yeah not to be an ass but I think you would be better off if you save your money and buy a better amp.

I understand that sometimes when you get money you immediately want to buy something(usually something you don't truly want) just for the temporary satisfaction. However in the long run, you will be much happier if you save your dough and invest in a good amp/guitar.

Trust me, I played nothing but imported guitars (China, Mexico and S. Korea) and then splurged on a Gibbo. It was INCREDIBLE, there was such an enormous jump in quality.

Im not saying take my advice, but I do suggest you think about it.

Hope this helps!

My best,

Butters8754
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Amp, replace it. I know it is not what you are asking, and I know you don't want to wait, but just save more dough and replace that amp. You should be able to sell your frontman for 50 bucks, so we are already nearing 200 bucks for you amp fund. I am guessing you are a kid with no job, so maybe ask you parents if there is some jobs you can do around the house or something, do yard work for neighbors, whatever. With a little extra money you should be nearing used blues jr territory,(350ish) which would sound so much better than any pedal with that frontman. The blues jr will take any future pedals very well.
just because you have money doesn't mean that you have to spend it. save it up until you can get a decent tube amp (10-15 watts). just try odd jobs around your neighborhood for cash (rake leaves, mow lawn, etc.). when i didn't have a job, i made a donation jar for my gear fund as a joke, but whenever my parents friends would stop my, they'd but some money in there, just some change. but it does add up (keep in mind i was only in grade 6 when i did this, so it may not work for you if you're older than that).
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
buddy you need a new guitar. buy one on ebay..get yourself a schecter omen 6..they go for that much used...and they sound pretty darn great...getting a better tone from a squier wil be hard
Quote by CrippleBastards
buddy you need a new guitar. buy one on ebay..get yourself a schecter omen 6..they go for that much used...and they sound pretty darn great...getting a better tone from a squier wil be hard

new amp first, more important
i'd say sell everything youve got and start fresh with a peavey vypyr or vox valvetronix. for the guitar, you could keep the squier but you may be able to do better.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
If you look around you can find a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT for $140 but you'll still need a few $ for tax.
I agree with a previous post, sell the Fender 15G for around $50 and see if you can put together a coup extra bucks. Then you can look at Peavy Vyper 30 ,Vox Valvetronix AD15VT-XL ,Roland Cubes 20 & 30X ,Fender FM 25 DSP as a start.
All are alot better than the 15 G you currently and have alot of effects and are plenty loud enough for home use and you won't outgrow them to quickly. Heck even seasoned players enjoy them for fooling around the home.