Page 1 of 2
My bands playing a show on April 7th. We've been big in the local scene for almost a year. Only thing diffrent about this show is that I'm on guitar instead of vocals. I'm very wild with my live show and I liked vocals because I could do more stuff without being restricted by an instrument. SO I would like some cool tricks to do with my guitar. I can't do flips because I have no guitar locks. I play hardcore by the way.
get strap locks.

then do guitar flips.

/end thread
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by Shpongled
How bout you play it well?

How bout I give them a LIVE show besides just standing there? I can play it fine without being a statue.
Do shots off your headstock.
Smoke a cigarrette...while playing with your teeth.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Last edited by Jango22 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by metabolicmaggot
How bout I give them a LIVE show besides just standing there? I can play it fine without being a statue.

You don't need to be flashy to have good stage presence.
Quote by metabolicmaggot

Not sure about most people, but personally I go to a gig to hear the music, not to see some kid showing off physically.

But to help, maybe you could do it naked?
Lower the guitar on the strap as far as you can, spread your legs, and lean down and headbang a lot. Also.. . hardcore? So. Try hardcore dancing with just your feet? I've seen bands do it. But Lord do I dislike the hardcore scene. Even though my band is in it? Haha. Love the music, just not the scene.

Anyways. If you have another guitar in the band, go over to him and do the fretting for him while he does the strumming on his guitar. This trick always gets good reviews for my band. Especially guitar solos. Try it out!
bandleading forum!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
cum blood
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
I agree with not being a damn fool. Good playing > acting crazy.

Of course, both > either.

Have a competition with the vocalist for attention, TS, Adam D style.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The sock thing....You know like RHCP or whoever did...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
2:18 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Ozubb9ZGw&feature=related

/notserious

Seriously, any stage antics in that video that don't get your guitar destroyed. There are a couple, you just gotta look really hard.

EDIT:

Quote by M.O.P

This too; Matthew Bellamy is too awesome.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Last edited by CoheednRHCP at Mar 27, 2009,
shove your guitar up your a ss, i'm sure that will drop everyone's jaws
Learn to play instead of trying to impress with lame stunts.
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard.
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 Half stack.
Cry Baby Wah pedal.
You play hardcore, do what every band does and do the sychonrized headbangs. Especially during the breakdowns, the kids love that :O
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
you could always do the classic thing and play behind your head......
Get a sustaining p/up and do the steve vai thing.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Organise a midget to wear a clown suit then throw a pie in his face

Or you could impress people with your skills alone, its up to you my friend
Quote by LuckyBoys91
pull down them trousers and start dousting the crowd with your rain.

Some stay dry, others feel the pain...
Quote by LaGrange
an 08er made me lol
good one!

yes, I bring teh luhlz.
numchuck dance like buckethead

or dont be hardcore, thats always a crowd pleaser
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Ok, heres what you do. You go out and buy a skin-tight leather outfit. Not just any outfit. Short shorts, leather jacket, the whole go. Pretty much dress like Freddy Mercury, except in leather.
Go get a special hat. Not a top hat, or one of those baggy hats, or a beany, or something someone else has thought of before. We're talking like a sombrero. Bitches love sombreros.
You're going to need to need to pull a Rammstein to get the crowd pumped. Everyone loves Rammsteins stage antics. So, you can either pay a ****ton for pyrotechnics, or you can go out and buy a dildo and swing it around slapping people whenever you get the opportunity. Preferably get pyrotechnics.
And stage dive. Every. Single. Song.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
jump/run around and head bang a lot, hold your guitar up high right before breakdowns and drop it down when the break down starts, mosh with your band mates, and dive into the drum set at the end of the last song.

EDIT: play in nothing but your boxers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6aNV_xKSto

the song isn't that great, but go to 3:30 and watch what the guitarist does with his guitar spin. he does it with such great style
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Mar 28, 2009,
Play behind you head or with your teeth thats always a crowd pleaser. I saw a band once where the bass player and both guitarists played behind their heads for part of a song and the crowd loved it. That or get some straplocks and do some cool 80's style guitar flips ala cinderella.

Quote by dann_blood
Ok, heres what you do. You go out and buy a skin-tight leather outfit. Not just any outfit. Short shorts, leather jacket, the whole go. Pretty much dress like Freddy Mercury, except in leather.
Go get a special hat. Not a top hat, or one of those baggy hats, or a beany, or something someone else has thought of before. We're talking like a sombrero. Bitches love sombreros.
You're going to need to need to pull a Rammstein to get the crowd pumped. Everyone loves Rammsteins stage antics. So, you can either pay a ****ton for pyrotechnics, or you can go out and buy a dildo and swing it around slapping people whenever you get the opportunity. Preferably get pyrotechnics.
And stage dive. Every. Single. Song.

This is so what you should do. Whats funny is when someone trys to stage dive and the crowd parts like the red sea I think slash had it happen to him once if I remember right.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Mar 28, 2009,
just get really really low to the floor nad just head bang.

you should really have strap locks no matter what.
Page 1 of 2