what does scalloped guitar body means//
is it the same as body cutaway//
Scalloped body? I've heard of scalloped frets, never body. Maybe that's just the groove in the back?
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I think that's when the cutaway is cut out on the back of the guitar so your hand fits higher on the neck easier? I'm not 100% sure though.

EDIT: The first guitar that comes to mind with what i'm talking about is the Gibson Les Paul Axcess.
actually, this gives me the idea of the Schecter Devil series or some of the PRS models where there's a deeper cut away in the horns.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
never heard of scalloped guitar body but theres "beveled" guitar bodies
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
It says scalloped maple top, which would be describing the top part of the body. Look at the texture of the paint on the top.............its scalloped.
The Ibanez EGEN has a scalloped lower horn,which mean more of the wood is cut away to allow for better fret access.Jackson and Caparison bolt on models have a scalloped heel where a portion of the heel is cut away to lessen the bulkiness of it.It can mean a lot of things though,and those are just a couple examples.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.