Ok, I’ve got my fingers in a lot of pies right now.
This band wants me to tour with them, and I know it’ be the experience of a life time and it would just be… amazing, it’s what I’ve always wanted. We already have shows planned in Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Mississippi, Georgia and Illinois.
This just sounds like the perfect opportunity, a great start after graduation.
But I feel a little confused about it.
I always told myself I would never let anything get in the way of my music, and I haven’t. But I recently met a girl and I’m not one to like girls, because they get in the way of my music, you know, if I had never met her I’d be for sure that I’d be on this tour, but I’m glad I met her, I really like her, it’s not hard for me to create attraction, but compatibility is a completely different thing. I’m really enjoying the chemistry between us.
Naturally she doesn’t want me to go, and I know I’d have a lot of fun staying here and spending the summer with her. But ****, she says she’s going off to college, so I’m sitting here wondering why I met her in the first place, and I’m thinking “I would be fine right now if I never met her”, but I did meet her and so I guess that creates a problem. There’s a possibility she’ll go to college here though, so I think that’s pretty cool.

I wish I weren’t in this predicament. I wish I didn’t care.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Go on tour, man.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Tour, keep in touch though and if you mean that much to her, going on tour won't be the kill. but like boyan said
Tour now man, you never know who's watching you, you could get a contract.
you never know who is watching or how it's all going to go and my dads friend who is 40 now, he said he gave up the chance to tour with an up and coming band back in the day and he regrets it now because they got signed to a contract on that tour. They're rockstars and he is working at a chemical processing plant so man take your chances. You only live once atleast make it fun.
I don't really plan on getting signed with this, but you know, it could happen. I'm in a band in my hometown and we make some of the best music, I'm not trying to brag, but there's just something about us, our music is so fresh and unique, it's just ****ing good. So I could just stay here and spend my summer practicing with this band, who are some of my best friends, even though they won't mind if I go, and is the band I know I'll end up touring with and playing with until I die.
By your posts I can see you're passionate about the music. If I were you, I'd be inclined to tour, because as somebody said above, you could get frigging signed if your music is being watched by some rep from a label, and they like it. Think about that for a second... SIGNED TO A RECORD LABEL. That's huge.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Would she do the same for you? I mean, if the roles were reversed (not to mention her plans for college) and she had the chance to do something she has always wanted to do, would she stay home for you?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I usually post some sort of smart ass thing in advice threads. Usually because I have never seen the user before and it's a really stupid predicament they are asking for advice on.

You want advice and I'm going to give you some. Take it or leave it it's your life.

Do the tour. 6 months or less? 3 maybe even. She can come visit you on the road. You will have the odd downtime to go see her. Meet her halfway if you must. Do the tour.
There are over 3 and a half billion women on this planet. There are maybe one in a million odd chances of playing on a multi state tour. Do the tour. At this point in time it's a career decision. "Do I want to live this way" How would you know if you never try? Do the tour.
Would you rather be with this woman 50 years from now wondering what may have been?
Or do you want to roll the dice now and see what happens. Touring is hard work but it's worth it. Relationships that last more than 6 months are even harder work. Relationships without regret are priceless. Do the tour.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Who cares about being signed? there are tons of bands I know of who just tour for the fun of it because that is what they like to do. Keep the girls number and call her all the time. If she is worth it she'll understand. If not, who cares, she wouldn't seem worth keeping anyway.
Originally posted by baddewd
^Loser.

baddewd's talking about me!
Last edited by nuw buddy at Mar 27, 2009,
Ok, I’ve got my fingers in a lot of pies right now.

That's probably the strangest expression I've heard in a while.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Do the tour, but keep in touch. as said before, if she really wants to be with you, than she'll understand. but don't let one woman maybe ruin your chances of a career. and imagine what your mates would do if you stayed. If you stay, they stay. that just might break the band. do you really want to risk it? just go and do the tour, and call her every now and then. It's really easy to contact someone with modern technology.
Do the tour and then do the 400 chicks banging on your hotel door after the show every night. Keep in touch with her if you're still interested after a little romp around country. I can almost guarantee you'll meet at least 10 chicks with a similiar personality on your tour. Plenty of fish in the sea bro, when will you ever have an opportunity greater than this?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I would say tour... a girls a girl... kinda, but if she likes you she will either come see some of your shows or be there when you come back. she's going to college anyway, it's obviously not meant to last.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I'm going to do the tour and keep in touch with her, which was my initial idea, I just don't know when to break the news.

Looks like I'm gonna need a cell phone
If i was you, I'd go on the tour, you'll probably regret it somewhere down the line if you don't. But good luck whatever you decide

Edit: You made the right choice ^
So just SHUT your face, and take a seat,
'Cause after all you're just talking MEAT...

Last.fm

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by Pierced Brosnan at Mar 29, 2009,
Yes, you are making the right decision i feel. Tell her how you feel about her but you cant pass this up and that you hope she'll understand. If she does and waits for you, she's a keeper. Think of this as a test for you guys, even.
We're not in a serious relationship or anything, we aren't dating, it's just that I have high standards, so it's not often that I date or even like a girl, and when I do, I do with my complete heart and soul.
These aren't standards I've set out, it's just standards that abide by my heart and soul- the feelings and the chemistry is what makes it such a rare thing.

I'll tell her soon enough.

I'll be back before summer is over, and if she stays, then that'll be cool, if not...meh.