So I've got mono or tonsilitis they aren't sure and I'm super exhausted and haven't been able to play guitar in like a week or do anything really. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas to help the pain go away a bit, or to atleast give me the energy to pick up my strat for more than a minute. It would be a great, AMAZING, help because this all sucks, anyone else have any random ailments now or previous?
i've had mono before
great sickness to have
but all u can do is get rest n drink water
i could always pick up the guitar for at least an hour between naps
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Get your strat and then lay down with it on your stomach. Eventually, you'll start piddling with it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

can you not even manage to sit down with your guitar if you prop yourself up in bed or something? i've never been that ill so i wouldn't know.
playing guitar usually makes me forget about pain like headaches/stomach aches etc but i guess if you can't play it that's of no use to you :P
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
been there bro. it helped me to think about it this way: "the longer you are away from your baby (guitar) the sweeter it'll be when you get her back"
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
If you have Mono don't expect to be able to do anything for a long time. I was knocked out for about 6 weeks with. It' s a bitch of an illness.
Guitars...you're right, that and I always find, I've played everyday atleast 3 hours a day for the past 4 months and before that i played for like 4 months and 4 or 5 hours a day atleast then took a break before the 3 hours a day for 4 months and I realized. It seems that if you play for so long your body stops progressing then you stop for a week or two and everything you learned over those 4 months sets in then you pick it back up and you're faster and cleaner and understand your theory better, so yeah, I just need to look positive, thank you Guitars
I'm curious. How dangerous is mono?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
I'm curious. How dangerous is mono?

Google/Wiki (your choice) is your friend.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Mononucleosis and tonsillitis are two completely different diseases, dipshit.

Glandular fever is another name for it.
yo saintsatan, i know they are different but first my doctor thought i had tonsilitis then it got worse so i had to go get blood tests for mono and they haven't gotten the results back yet
Mono actually is pretty awesome as a sickness. It got me out of having to do chores, and my teachers didn't care if I dozed during classes (strict attendance policy, so I had to go....). I had it for at least two months before I was diagnosed, though, and I had to miss the last few weeks of soccer season my senior year of high school because of it, since it makes your appendix or liver more likely to rupture... can't remember which.

Edit: Dammit, it's the spleen.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Last edited by faint_spirit at Mar 27, 2009,
I thought I had mono for a whole year once, but it turns out I was just really bored.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
I thought I had mono for a whole year once, but it turns out I was just really bored.

WAYNE'S WORLD! I DEMAND COOKIE!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Just be glad you don't have stereo. It's twice as bad.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by Godsmack_IV
**** mono, that's all I really have to say

Pay attention here...this is the only time I'll agree with anyone that has "Godsmack" in their name.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I'm surprised there haven't been any of the regular pit answers here.

I'm ashamed. We have become civilized.

Sort of.
SOAS
I had mono for about 2 weeks. i came in thinking i just had strep or something, but the test came negative. They tested me for mono and it came back negative, so i went home. about 3 days later i went to the hospital at midnight because i could hardly swallow and was in a lot of pain. They gave me steroids and pain medicine which helped a lot, but they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I went home and then 2 days later i went to another hospital, because i couldn't swallow my own spit, where i got an mri and they found a huge abscess in my throat. They got it cut out, and then while i was in recovery they tested me for mono again and i had it, apparently the other tests were incorrect. worst 2 weeks of my life.
Quote by SystemOfASteve
I'm surprised there haven't been any of the regular pit answers here.

I'm ashamed. We have become civilized.

Sort of.

I almost said AIDS, but I resisted

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa