I have decided I need them. Any suggestions? It probably doesnt matter but I like picks that are not rock solid, but they have to be thick enough that they dont bend when alternate picking in a semi rough-manner.

this is my current choice pick
http://www.audio-electric-shop.de/shop/catalog/images/Gibson-Pure-H.jpg
but when the thumb sweat sets in, it starts to go-a-slippin'

so i want one that wont slip, basically.
finger sweating while picking, huh, you must play guitar a lot!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Velcro. sounds weird but put Velcro on the pick the hard stuff and you will maintain grip in all situations. It is a charm to get used to. It works though.
Quote by mikeyElite
dunlop tortex.

this

they have some weird powdery substance coating that helps when your fingers sweat
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Dunlop Tortex.

I've used them since I started playing, and I can't even touch other picks - they slide too easily.
thanks guys. i actually used to use those before i switched to the gibsons but that was a looooooooong time ago so ill pick a couple up tomorrow.

Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
finger sweating while picking, huh, you must play guitar a lot!

im flattered

its really only a problem though when i do downpicking excercises. after 5 minutes of strait 184 bpm it doesnt work because you cant even think about gripping the pick when youre doin that and when i hold it tighter my whole arm tenses up and i have to stop. Thats more than you ever wanted to know but i like typing
Last edited by Soadfan8 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by shredhead22
this

they have some weird powdery substance coating that helps when your fingers sweat

Talcum powder. I've never tried it, but I've heard you can get an empty preserves jar, pour some inside, then put in your picks, and shake it up.