Ive been messin around with it since i got it and its really wired how it dosnt sound right even with the presets that come with it just sound like crap. Any help will be appreciated.(if theirs a thread already for this please give me a link)
Trust me, having used this pedal since about 2 months after I picked up the guitar (I've been playing for 1 and 1/2 years) I know what I'm saying when I say:

The settings that come in the manual are usually crap. Hit the low E and turn the level and distortion to the heaviness/loudness you want them at, then hit the E again and mess with the EQ until you find something you like. In all seriousness, it comes down to personal preference.

EDIT: I like my Distortion knob at about 1 o'clock, the level at noon, the Low EQ at noon, High EQ at 1-2 o'clock, Mid Frequency EQ at 1 o'clock, and the Middle EQ at 10 o'clock.
These settings give me plenty of crunch, without making it muddy and incomprehensible. But again, it depends on the genre and the tone you're trying to achieve.

Out of curiosity, what genre do you play?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Last edited by Snap017 at Mar 27, 2009,
what amp/guitar are you playing with the pedal ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I would really recommend a metal muff over this. I had this for about 6 months and it died.
makes a good door stop or paper weight
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by mikeyElite
what amp/guitar are you playing with the pedal ?

Im useing a epi goth explorer and a line 6 spider 111(i hate it)
Line 6 + pedals= horrible sound. Get a new amp my friend
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by Snap017
Trust me, having used this pedal since about 2 months after I picked up the guitar (I've been playing for 1 and 1/2 years) I know what I'm saying when I say:

The settings that come in the manual are usually crap. Hit the low E and turn the level and distortion to the heaviness/loudness you want them at, then hit the E again and mess with the EQ until you find something you like. In all seriousness, it comes down to personal preference.

EDIT: I like my Distortion knob at about 1 o'clock, the level at noon, the Low EQ at noon, High EQ at 1-2 o'clock, Mid Frequency EQ at 1 o'clock, and the Middle EQ at 10 o'clock.
These settings give me plenty of crunch, without making it muddy and incomprehensible. But again, it depends on the genre and the tone you're trying to achieve.

Out of curiosity, what genre do you play?

I play metal like metallica slayer( when i get that good) and bullet for my vallintine
Quote by sumflak
it sounds like crap anyway!

*reported*
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by John5rules125
Line 6 + pedals= horrible sound. Get a new amp my friend

i didnt even want the ****ing thing but my mom got it instead of the marshall i picked
damn clerk said it was better
Haha my parents done the same thing=p but I got that fixed now. I'm celebrating Npd atm, I got a Zakk Wylde OD (signed) and it sounds freaking fantastic through the marshall and for kicks I sent it into the spyder. One of the worst idea's i've had in my life...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
return it

get Metal Muff

realize the Muff is 7653439453 times better than MT-2

but if not that then turn the gain down. thats usually what muddies up the tone. mids are good to have too.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
lol what people don't understand is that both the muff and the metal zone are both fuzz pedals xD

Dude, in all seriousness go find someone who knows a bit of electronics and ask them to build you a fuzz pedal.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
lol what people don't understand is that both the muff and the metal zone are both fuzz pedals xD

Dude, in all seriousness go find someone who knows a bit of electronics and ask them to build you a fuzz pedal.

whoa there cowboy.

There is a difference in Fuzz and distortion.

I don't believe that the Muff or the MT-2 is a fuzz pedal, or it would be advertised as one. the Metal Muff DEFINATELY isn't a Fuzz pedal.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Both pedals have a clipping diode section and a fuzz section.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Might sound stupid, but make sure you're using the clean channel on your amp when you're using the pedal.
Quote by sesstreets
Both pedals have a clipping diode section and a fuzz section.

I'm pretty sure the metal muff is less of a fuzz and more of a distortion =/ I dunno alot about wiring and stuff though. The MT-2 I uhnno about. I don't mess with Boss pedals alot anymore.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Ever notice that boss has a product to rival any non-boss type of pedal?

EHX small stone - BF-2
Ibanez TS808 - DS-1
Metal Muff - MT-2

Its because they take a design of basic components, change it a little bit, and use the process of buying in bulk and assembly line production to reduce the cost.

=)
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by Forkman
Might sound stupid, but make sure you're using the clean channel on your amp when you're using the pedal.

Dunno, I perfer using crunch channels with distortion pedals.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dunno, I perfer using crunch channels with distortion pedals.

True, however, it might be a case of his pedal just not mixing with the amp's distortion.
Quote by somedude789
i didnt even want the ****ing thing but my mom got it instead of the marshall i picked
damn clerk said it was better

the marshall you picked was a mg, which is arguably worse than the spider.

And NEVER let your parents shop for guitar gear they always get crap.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i have the pedal and the same amp so i think i can help

to get rid of fizz turn down your level knob to about a quarter of the way and increase amp volume a bit to compensate. that also makes your tone a little tighter. also be careful about the mid freq. knob as that is arguably the most important knob and some tweaking of that can make **** tone good. also with the treble you can turn that up alot if you want to but if you turn it up to about 5 o'clock it becomes too piercing
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by DaddyBarbs
the marshall you picked was a mg, which is arguably worse than the spider.

And NEVER let your parents shop for guitar gear they always get crap.

i know now that now i havent even let them touch my gear since that.