Here is some full metalcore song I made in few days. It has same feel like some Killswitch Engage songs. Hope you like it. Tell your opinions! C4C

EDIT: Added Breakdown and modded some drum fills

EDIT: Changed drums more and totally the breakdown
Attachments:
The Absence.zip
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
Last edited by Hypetreme at Mar 29, 2009,
Hey there. it's pretty decent, only thing I don't like is how the pre-chorus sounds all noisy with the full chords which kind of takes away from the melody. I think it sounds a little better when you take out the notes on the A string (or G in this case) so it doesn't have as many notes competing against each other. Like make octaves more or less.

Or maybe just put the volume down on Raita 5 a little bit.

But good. Hi fives.

oh yeah if you feel like it take a look at this acoustic thingy:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751920
Last edited by CapnKickass at Mar 27, 2009,
Great intro, I think the transition to the distorted guitars at bar 10 could be done a wee bit better, check the file I attached to my post, it'll give you an idea of what I'm trying to convey.

I'm digging the riff that starts at bar 19, great stuff! 51-58 is also pretty cool.

As stated above, the Pre chorus sounds jumbled BUT guitar pro is a master of turning good work into ****, so I won't comment on it since this is only a guitar pro file, it can sound completely diff. in real life with all those layers going on.

Ok, at bar 82 I think you should have def. put in some kind of breakdown considering this is a metalcore song. I took the liberty of putting one in for you, I didn't spend too much time on it I just wrote down whatever came to my mind when I first heard it, you can check it out in the attached file.

The only 2 things that this song needs worked on are the drums, they seem kind of boring and repetitive, spice it up a bit, throw in some double bass, play around with it and you'll be surprised with the end result. The other thing is the pre chorus riff, I'm not saying change it, but give it some more thought. Good song overall, good effort on your part as well.

8/10

crit one of my songs from my latest album? : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095241

Oh and I hope you don't mind that I fiddled around with your song, I was just trying to help you out with my ideas =D, whether you use them, alter them or not use them at all is fine by me, I'm giving it to you to do whatever you want with it!
Attachments:
The Absence.zip
killswitch))
War Is Over
(If You Want It)

SorryForMyEnglish=)))

Accordion Muse S 384-K
I don't like really critiquing metalcore pieces because the writer never does anything original that hasn't been done. Seriously, what is up with metalcore pieces and drop C tuning? seriously, be original. This piece isn't an exception. The intro is just bland and unoriginal. I didn't like the intro at all. It pretty much sounds like any other metalcore song. The chorus is so cliche and isn't anything surprising from a metalcore piece. The verse was, I guess, ok but nothing amazing. The break was pretty much average, once again, nothing special. I couldn't bare the other break's chugging which is again an unoriginal part of metalcore. The only thing that I can say is try to be original. Don't copy what other metalcore bands do. This piece isn't anything special or anything I haven't heard before. I would give this piece a 3.5/10.
Last edited by The Arsis at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by The Arsis
I don't like really critiquing metalcore pieces because the writer never does anything original that hasn't been done. Seriously, what is up with metalcore pieces and drop C tuning? seriously, be original. This piece isn't an exception. The intro is just bland and unoriginal. I didn't like the intro at all. It pretty much sounds like any other metalcore song. The chorus is so cliche and isn't anything surprising from a metalcore piece. The verse was, I guess, ok but nothing amazing. The break was pretty much average, once again, nothing special. I couldn't bare the other break's chugging which is again an unoriginal part of metalcore. The only thing that I can say is try to be original. Don't copy what other metalcore bands do. This piece isn't anything special or anything I haven't heard before. I would give this piece a 3.5/10.

I don't listen metalcore so much and I know this is pretty cliche but thats the way what metalcore is. I thought it would be nice to make some metalcore song. What did u say is pretty true.
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
i really liked this, the chorus was a little too generic though, same with the breakdown but i guess breakdowns are that way rofl, the verse was ok, and the pre-chorus sounds more like a chorus at least for me but it was still a good listen, very enjoyable.
i know this is a tiny crit but would you crit my song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19223552#post19223552
Can You Tell a Killer From A Saviour?
Intro - didn't really care for it that much. It's very generic, as said. It could be alot better though. The blast beat you did when the drums came in didn't really fit. For me, blast beats are supposed to be in heavy sections.

Chorus - It's very melodic, so I thinkit needs a melody. At bar 20 it sounds kind of southern rock. It needs moar melody! I don't think you should repeat it twice before going to the verse.

Verse - Very similar to the chorus, but that's probaly what you were going for. You should change it up a little bit at least.

Pre-Chorus - This is also a very standard metalcore thing. I can't even begin to tell you how many times i've heard this.

Back to the chorus. The heavy part that I said sounded like southern rock, is probably my favorite part... it got me movin >>

Verse - You know it's in 4/4 right? Two measures of 3/4 and a measure of 2/4 add up to two measures of 4/4.

Break - Sounds alright. A good way to add another part to the song by going back to the intro pretty much... still playing it sfe.

I liked the little drum fill! I thought that was tasteful.

Breakdown - A pretty standard breakdown... try some different rhythms, notes, and groupings. That makes breakdowns different from other ones. For good breakdown bands, there's Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya, After the Burial, and August Burns Red. They're not only breakdowns, but their's are the best.

During the break, I hear a trem picking thing going on with it... I know it's not, but I think you should add one. Like.. octaves or something.

The way you ended it reminds me of BFMV... it made me laugh xD

Overall, a pretty straightforward song. Didn't try anything out of the ordinary here. Just... generic, as stated. I don't think it's bad, but it is generic. Change it up a little bit! 6.5/10.

I'm not expecting a crit, but if you don't mind:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1092673