Hi,

the Guitar Amp Pro in Logic is pretty sucky to be honest, i just checked out August Burns Red there, thats an awesome guitar sound

truthfully, i've never gotten a good metal sound from GuitarAmpPro on its own. try disabling the speaker simulation and using a good cab impulse in a Space Designer after the amp, and a distortion/overdrive before the amp.

if you have a line-out on your amp you should consider using that to record, and using impulses on the recorded track. you'll get way better results. or fork out for Revalver mkIII

i'll have a look through my old projects and if i have any decent channel strip presets i'll post them up for ya.
Yeah, I agree. The Guitar Amp sims in Logic and Main Stage are pretty bad.
I would have expected more from Apple.

For amp modeling and guitars check out Overloud's TH1
http://www.overloud.com/en/products/index.php?catid=49

Free fully functional demo for 2 weeks. This software KICKS ASS!!!
VST compatible and will run inside Logic, Garage Band, etc!!!
It's really set the bar for guitar recording software LIGHTYEARS beyond anything else on the market.
•1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Mark Holcomb Ltd Run, 2004 Les Paul Classic, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Stndrd

•Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
•PRS Archon
•Kemper Amp Profiler
thanks for all the replies, i'm checking out overloud right now, its downloading as we speak. i dont know about the space designer, i've never heard of it, i'm only running logic express. i'll put up some samples of the sound if its any good.

EDIT: oh and how do i put it into logic? i messed up on the install when it automatically does it, i hit authorize, not seeing the demo part. any ideas?
Last edited by aaron6890 at Mar 28, 2009,
I used the demo for 4 days and bought it - IT'S THAT GOOD! In my opinion it blows Amplitube, Guitar Rig, etc out of the water. I also use Logic and like Guitar Amp Pro. For Logic you'll need to download the AU Plug-in.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I used the demo for 4 days and bought it - IT'S THAT GOOD! In my opinion it blows Amplitube, Guitar Rig, etc out of the water. I also use Logic and like Guitar Amp Pro. For Logic you'll need to download the AU Plug-in.

Hells yeah! I used it for about an hour and ordered it!
I've used/tried almost every guitar VST/AU/program available for Mac OSX and Overloud TH1 is by far the best!!! Light years beyond anyother sim.
Before using TH1 I thought it couldn't get much better than Guitar Rig. Boy was I wrong!!!
•1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Mark Holcomb Ltd Run, 2004 Les Paul Classic, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Stndrd

•Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
•PRS Archon
•Kemper Amp Profiler