I have EMGhz passives in my schecter damien 6 and I just bought SD Blackouts, they're actives so I was wondering if I need to do anything special or should I just follow the diagram they came with? I didnt open the guitar or w/e yet, so.. not sure what is different about the guitar.
Last edited by 877O at Mar 28, 2009,
nothing special needs to be done. just change the pots and jack to the ones provided with the blackouts and follow the diagram.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The only difference should be the 9v battery compartment for the active electronics. Otherwise I would just follow the diagram.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by mikeyElite
nothing special needs to be done. just change the pots and jack to the ones provided with the blackouts and follow the diagram.

This^^

And you don't have to have a seperate compartment for the battery. There's room for it in the control cavity with the pots and other eletronics.
the diagram doesn't show what to do with the capacitors :\
anyone?
oh and there are so many more wires soldered up in the guitar, and not so much in the diagram for the new pickups... do i need to keep anything the way it is or just desolder everything, get rid of the old wires and pots, and start over?

thanks
Last edited by 877O at Mar 27, 2009,
well, if the capacitors arent in the diagram, i dont think you need them. Dont take my word for it though.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Ooh i see, thanks

well one problem after removing all the electronics, i think. I can't figure out what the thin wire coming out of the guitar is for...? It's just coming out of the inside of the body, what is it coming from and what do I solder it to with the new pots? :S ah!

thanks

i have 1 volume 1 tone, by the way
thats the bridge ground. active pickups dont need it, so just tape it off somewhere.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
alright
lol and now i'm confused on the wires that plug into the pickups...
theres red white and black, but the white ends short under the tape so that there are only red and black long wires, am I supposed to take that off and extend the white wire?
Don't know why they made it this way since all combinations on the diagram require the white wires on both pickups -.-
hold on, i think the duncan site has a one vol, one tone diagram...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2_blackouts_1v_1t_3w

here ya go, this one has the bridge ground tho, so i would put it on just to be safe.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
You still need to ground actives to the volume pot, just not the claw.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i'm guessing i have to strip the black wire to get the bare and white wire :S
i wonder why SD doesnt say to do that -.-
will i then have to cover the bare wire somehow?
Quote by SG Commander
I doesn't say to do that because it's COMMON SENSE!

Is it? really? Maybe for someone who's installed pickups before its common sense and I'm sure those people don't even need a manual but the manual is there for a reason, for the people that don't know. So for them it isn't common sense. Might wanna relax
stripping wires to get to the metal part of the wire isnt commen sense? thats news to me.
Obviously not for him, otherwise he wouldn't be asking those questions now would he? So instead of being an a$$ and boosting your ego's why not try and help the guy out.....oh wait, thats right this is UG what the f*ck was I thinking
lol I didn't think it would be a stripped wire, I would assume it would be an insulated ground wire or something not a stripped

yes stripping wires to get the the metal is common sense but I didn't really know what they wanted me to do
I mean I could have messed around and eventually found out what the diagram was talking about but why risk screwing it up?

thanks guys