We were auditioning a singer today, and it went horrible. it was just 3 hours of unproductive mess. I realized a few things about my band members today.

1)they all look to me as the band leader
2)My drummer is willing to take his new girlfriend over the band
3)my drummer cannot play as well as i thought
4)my drummer is arrogant
5)my bassist is the only one who shares my focus and determination
6)None of them share my music taste (i am into thrash, they are into ICP and slipknot)

as far as number six, i knew from the start that i wouldnt find members who shared my exact musical preference but atleast someone who shares my vision. but no, they dont.

so should i say **** it and get new members?? (which will take a while)

or deal with it and try to tame them and steer them in the direction that i want to gp (or try to)
Welcome to the real world, kid.

Once you realize that you suck as much as the people around you, things will go easier for you.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Play in this band while looking for new members
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by Seryaph
Welcome to the real world, kid.

Once you realize that you suck as much as the people around you, things will go easier for you.

so are you saying...get new members?
I might keep the band together and see how it goes.

Sure, you probably won't be able to force all of your band members to like Thrash Metal, but you can take turns playing each other's favorite type of music.

You might get together and write a Nu-Metal style song while throwing some thrash elements into the mix.

Just work with balancing both their musical interests and your own, and make sure that your drummer improves. It’s very hard to play with a bad drummer.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
so are you saying...get new members?

That depends, how long have you guys been playing together?

Do you guys have any original material?

If so, does your band participate in the writing of said material?

How in sync are you guys with each other?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
[response="helpful"]Well, if they look to you as a bandleader, tell the drummer to get his ass in gear or he's gone. If he tries to be a dick about it, just bail and take the bassist. You're already looking for a singer, might as well look for a drummer.[/nice]

[response="asshole"]You know, there's a bandleading forum for a reason.[/asshole]
Looks like you're having a lot of problems with the drummer. I say kick the drummer.
As for taste, try to compromise. If they don't want to compromise, find a new band.
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
having people in your band that suck is ok, because you can work with them until they get better.

having people in your band that are arrogant is difficult, because they can still suck, think they're good, and piss you off all at the same time.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
the problem with giving my drummer the boot is my bassist lives with him.

he is almost always atleast a 16th beat off when changing transitions and rythms and i have to slow down to him, the tempo is comletely shot.

and yes all we have is original material. it is all of my stuff. (so far)