My friend's selling me a guitar body for $20, and he says it's a Dean "Eighty-Eight". I've never heard of this model, so I'm kinda debating it. I Googled it, and all I could find was a couple of posts on the Dean forums saying that it was made out of plywood which kinda scared me. I asked my friend if it was plywood, he claimed it wasn't... maybe they were plywood only after a certain point in production? I don't know... well anyway, I was wondering if I should buy it, because $20 just seems like too good a deal to pass up.... but on the other hand, if it's really plywood, wouldn't it sound ****ty? I don't know because I've never played a plywood electric guitar before. I already have an Epiphone Tony Iommi G-400, that's my only guitar right now.

Thanks!
dean made some plywood guitars, so i wouldn't be surprised. but at 20 bucks, who cares? do something artsy with it, or something
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I know it's a good deal, but I'm just scared of the plywood... seems like a gamble, especially since I'd have to buy a neck for it anyways... hmm....
I'll probably buy it. He's already selling me a locking trem system and a Dimarzio Super Distortion for like $60, so I may as well buy him out.
So, if I buy it, does anybody know by chance what necks would fit it? I doubt I could find an original neck for this thing.
look at warmoth parts, you might be able to buy a neck with a blank heel so you can measure in the bolt locations yourself

also, i didn't know if you were planning on it, but don't put the pickup and trem he's giving you on THIS guitar, being that it is likely plywood
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Yeah, I bought it, and it's plywood... or at least it definitely looks like plywood. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to wood, but I'm pretty sure it is. And actually, now I'm not certain what kind of pickup I bought either, it might be a Dimarzio SD, but it may not be. And the trem turned out to not be an OFR, but it looks/works just like one. Any way I could figure out what kind of pickup I have? No logo on it or anything.
i bought one of these the other day it seems kinda hard to find anything on the net about it..but from what i found it said maple..the guitar i have is too heavy for plywood..my frist guitar was a peavey that i later sanded down to put i custom paint job on it... later i found out it was plywood and threw it out...