You know how 95% of people who play at GC are metal-heads and shred guys right?

Well, thats okay and all, but something still bothers me.

They always try out Line 6 stacks. First off, if youre just getting one to screw around on theyre okay, though you could probably do alot better for the price. Or they have Mesas cranked to 11. Mesas are good distorted, but please be considerate of others.

Anyway they always have real high-pitched screeching flanger type stuff on, and there seems to be quite a bit of feedback. you know that ear-piercing SCCCRRREEEEAAAAAACCCCHHHH!!!!! Then when switching between effects, they always make this loud BOOM, similar to when you forget to turn off amp, and just unplug while its still on, you know the sound.

Also when theyre done they tend to do just that, unplug, then turn off the amp. One that probably hurts the amp, especially if its tube.

Is it just my area, or is it like this at most GC's regardless of location?
What is the point of this thread...?

There are annoying people everywhere.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
it happens everywhere that carries metal amps or guitars. its inevitable. just like you see some scum of the earth people at wal-mart, you'll see some scum of the earth guitarists at gc. not that everyone who goes to gc is this way, but the ones we notice are the scummy ones (or the insanely good vets, those are good days)
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
well honestly i dont give a **** that they play the line 6's .

because then i can play the tube amps.

so what the **** is your problem.
why is this thread reported, awesomeness?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm just asking if this is a wide-spread thing or an actual local thing.

Why is this reported?
Quote by awesomeness
It's all the same. Get over it.

*Reported*

Why the hell does everyone get reported so quickly for starting threads. were all musicians just having a good time on here. take a break for god's sake...
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by neptune1988
why is this thread reported, awesomeness?

Somebody please close this, NOW.
this is true, the people who crank an amp in gc should only do it if they're planning to buy, i don't have this problem to often in the madison wisconsin one, but it happens sometimes

as for the guy who reported he is either a douche, or one of those guys you just described
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by masturnate42
as for the guy who reported he is either a douche, or one of those guys you just described

THANK YOU!!!!!

who cares if they start every day. dont read them if it bothers you. just because someone shared their experience yesterday doesnt mean that someone cant share theirs today...
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

then we should report every single "new guitar day" thread too, and when people just want to show off their new guitar we should just sound like assholes and post "Searchbar!" or *reported*. that sounds like a fun guitar forum to be on
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

-Matt

Sláinte

you know whats really annoying? guys who make a ****load of posts asking for an amp and never being satisfied and that never listen to what people tell them...yes that goes to you neptune
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
95% of the people that play at guitar center can only play Smoke on the Water.... and maybe Iron Man.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 28, 2009,