All right, so i'm one of the two writers in my band.

I make some really great riffs thats fine, and I can write lyrics, and make a breakdown (even though its scarce in our music) and everything like that, except:

I don't know how to change from a intro to verse or verse to chorus or pre chorus or chorus to bridge.

I can make them all, but I can't ever piece them together.

Any suggestions?
Yeah.
Quote by Boats99
All right, so i'm one of the two writers in my band.

I make some really great riffs thats fine, and I can write lyrics, and make a breakdown (even though its scarce in our music) and everything like that, except:

I don't know how to change from a intro to verse or verse to chorus or pre chorus or chorus to bridge.

I can make them all, but I can't ever piece them together.

Any suggestions?

maybe, write the bridge as an entirely different mood from your current written parts, and make it end on a note or similar note/chord that your chorus/verse/intro has.

it should piece together well. for example, what if your song is aggressive and loud. make the break soft, but repeat a theme from the chorus.

youll get it
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
so what your saying is, is that your songs, are more like random riffs, that dont fit together.
that is a problem. when i write songs, i play the verse (or chorus,) whichever part i have written first, then i play it, and see where i can go with it, into a verse or bridge or something, this way, i know that the next part of the song is going to fit. i dont have to try and match too odd riffs together.

but if you really want to learn, then learn proper modulation (the theory part of these forums will help) and techniques, like ringing out into the next part, and maybe quick pauses and junk. goodluck
i don t get what your saying
If your riffs dont sound like they fit together you should try write riffs for one song in the same key and scale. or atleast around the same note.
If your saying your riffs go well toghether but you need transitions you should try runs. They dont have to be laser fast petrucci fills but they can just be going down half a scale or so.