As the title says, I'm looking for a keyboard, because I want to start learning. My budget is about 300-400 US$, so I don't expect something mind-blowing, just something decent to start with. I'll use it mainly for classical stuff, but I'd also like to have some versatility.

So, any recommendations?
saitek keyboard
The best for the price, well really I would choose it over a lot of the more pricey ones...

wait your talking about a KEYBOARD Keyboard....
sorry lol
New yamaha keyboard.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Do not get a generic Yamaha keyboard that you can find your general electronic store. They are crap, use generic MIDI, and has no key action.

I recommend the M-Audio Keystation 88es ($180-200 new). This is a MIDI controller, which means that its primary function is a MIDI interface, not a keyboard. It does not have its own speakers.

What's good about it:
1. Full 88 keys, like a real piano would have.
2. Semi-weighted action. The keys will have some weight on them like a real piano would. Crucial if you want to learn classical piano. There are keyboards that have even better key feel, but they are usually beyond your budget range.
3. Has a USB connection so that you can directly connect it to your computer without setting up via a MIDI port.
4. With programs such as Native Instrument's Kontakt Player and Akoustik Piano, you can get some great, realistic sampled instrument sounds. MIDI controllers are also a crucial part of your Digital Audio Workstation and its controllers can be set up to control the virtual controllers on your DAW program.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Do not get a generic Yamaha keyboard that you can find your general electronic store. They are crap, use generic MIDI, and has no key action.

I recommend the M-Audio Keystation 88es ($180-200 new). This is a MIDI controller, which means that its primary function is a MIDI interface, not a keyboard. It does not have its own speakers.

What's good about it:
1. Full 88 keys, like a real piano would have.
2. Semi-weighted action. The keys will have some weight on them like a real piano would. Crucial if you want to learn classical piano. There are keyboards that have even better key feel, but they are usually beyond your budget range.
3. Has a USB connection so that you can directly connect it to your computer without setting up via a MIDI port.
4. With programs such as Native Instrument's Kontakt Player and Akoustik Piano, you can get some great, realistic sampled instrument sounds. MIDI controllers are also a crucial part of your Digital Audio Workstation and its controllers can be set up to control the virtual controllers on your DAW program.

I'll look into it, thanks man
Dude, get a moog, like all the cool kids.

Or a Hammond organ... yeaaaaaah