so the guy with the washburn was misrepresenting it, so i didnt buy it. however, im looking into getting a new Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR for around the same price. I'm wondering about the quality of this guitar, and has anyone played it through a Flextone 2 and had any tonal sucess?
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Last edited by Metlhead443 at Mar 28, 2009,
its a good guitar, and the pickups will probably be fine
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Nah the pickups in it are good. New amp is what you need.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I've come to the opinion that Shecter guitars are excellent quality for the money. On the subject of the pickups however... have you looked at some of the other models? Could save yourself a little cash by finding a similar model with different pickups perhaps?
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Quote by jgleason82
I've come to the opinion that Shecter guitars are excellent quality for the money. On the subject of the pickups however... have you looked at some of the other models? Could save yourself a little cash by finding a similar model with different pickups perhaps?

um no, the only other model that appeals to me is a C-1 Blackjack FR, and thats 150 more than this one. so no i cannot.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

IMO active pups + solid state modeling = fail

Taking an already sterile sounding pup and adding it into the sterile nature of a SS modeling amp makes for,and here's the shocker,a sterile and boring tone IMO.I think that money would be better spent on a new amp,but that's just my opinion.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
IMO active pups + solid state modeling = fail

Taking an already sterile sounding pup and adding it into the sterile nature of a SS modeling amp makes for,and here's the shocker,a sterile and boring tone IMO.I think that money would be better spent on a new amp,but that's just my opinion.

i neglected to mention the flextone is going to be the new amp. i found one very inexpensive and i dealt with the seller so he'd hold it until i got the cash for it. and solid state modeling+actives (or at least EMG's) isn't necessarily a fail.
Look at Killrbuckeye. i was more wondering along the lines of "has anyone tried this and if so is the tone there?" ill edit the OP to say what i actually meant. and a third thing, the amp is just gonna be a practice amp. any gigging i do is out of my friends Marshall JVM combo, so in reality, i just wanna know if ill be able to play at home and not sound like balls.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Schecter guitars are an amazing value. This video, and having th chance to play one, really convinced me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxWduj3gLg
I would agree that the active pups and the solid state may not be the best combo.
But, Schecter offers lots of different models with different specs. Maybe a model with passive humbuckers might be better?
Quote by tinyterror
Schecter guitars are an amazing value. This video, and having th chance to play one, really convinced me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxWduj3gLg
I would agree that the active pups and the solid state may not be the best combo.
But, Schecter offers lots of different models with different specs. Maybe a model with passive humbuckers might be better?

please read my previous post

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
i neglected to mention the flextone is going to be the new amp. i found one very inexpensive and i dealt with the seller so he'd hold it until i got the cash for it. and solid state modeling+actives (or at least EMG's) isn't necessarily a fail.
Look at Killrbuckeye. i was more wondering along the lines of "has anyone tried this and if so is the tone there?" ill edit the OP to say what i actually meant. and a third thing, the amp is just gonna be a practice amp. any gigging i do is out of my friends Marshall JVM combo, so in reality, i just wanna know if ill be able to play at home and not sound like balls.

Well,it wont sound great,but it'll work for practice.In my experiences with solid states and active they generally were a bad combo,and even when I switched to high end tube amps I stayed away from actives in favor of passives which have a more dynamic and organic tone IMO.That being said,it's not like playing them through a solid state causes the amp to explode and your ears to bleed,just be aware that it most likely wont be anything spectacular.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by biga29
Nah the pickups in it are good. New amp is what you need.

hello, biga, another Schecter thread. lol
anyways. +1 to this quote.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"