So my band plays straight up rock and roll and were trying to find an awesome song to play as an intro to our sets. We want to find something that doesnt have to be well know and doesnt have to be rock. just epic. any suggestions?
"Epic" by Faith No More...but your singer better have some pipes.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
not for us to play but for the sound guy to play on the pa before we go on. sorry for not specifying
Quote by sghunter182
not for us to play but for the sound guy to play on the pa before we go on. sorry for not specifying

Why the hell would the sound guy do that? The crowd would probably rather play the jukebox than have you play a pre-recorded song that they had no vote on.
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Ecstasy Of Gold by Metallica, or Are You Ready by AC/DC
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Blow Me
Why the hell would the sound guy do that? The crowd would probably rather play the jukebox than have you play a pre-recorded song that they had no vote on.

I guess you've never been to a decent show before.

Id suggest Jimi Hendrix
Just do something cool

Like, have the instrumentalists jam, and then at the climax of the jam, have the lead singer run up on stage.

Make sure the climax is near the end though, you don't want your singer standing around, looking like an idiot.
You could also write a sweet thing where the guitars do some duelling solo, then do a harmonised ascending scale up to the climax, at which point the singer runs on to the stage, and the drummer counts in and away you go
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
You could also write a sweet thing where the guitars do some duelling solo, then do a harmonised ascending scale up to the climax, at which point the singer runs on to the stage, and the drummer counts in and away you go

this, or write something with melodic solos and powerchords
heres a little more input. our first song is song 2 by blur so we want a symphonic type thing that will stop and be quiet for a second then the drum intro starts then they big bang goes off. epic no?
Quote by sghunter182
heres a little more input. our first song is song 2 by blur so we want a symphonic type thing that will stop and be quiet for a second then the drum intro starts then they big bang goes off. epic no?

You could use the thing Wintersun uses, but that would be a pretty bad ripoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nE91FtR0OQ

Wintersun and Ensiferum have freaking epic orchestral parts like that. Well, not maybe orchestral, but on clarinets/strings/whatever. "Raised By the Sword" is a good example of that.
Quote by conkersbfd182
I guess you've never been to a decent show before.

Id suggest Jimi Hendrix

That's a joke, right? Tune your strings before the show and come prepared. Let someone else hook it up...test it for 5 minutes before the gig starts. Why the **** would I play someone else's music to start my own show?
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by sghunter182
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0I8_bOAuso

Carmina Burana dude...
Quote by Blow Me

That's a joke, right? Tune your strings before the show and come prepared. Let someone else hook it up...test it for 5 minutes before the gig starts. Why the **** would I play someone else's music to start my own show?

no he isn't, I've never been to a decent sized gig where they didn't have house music in between bands.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Song X by Neil Young. I'm not joking. That song is straight up nasty.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Ice 9 by Satch.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Ecstasy Of Gold by Metallica, or Are You Ready by AC/DC

Ecstasy is an Ennio Morricone song.
Most of the time, those classical intros don't go too well with straight up rocknroll.
How about a medley of some sort?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28