Page 1 of 3
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/02/luzerne_county_judges_accused.html

this country makes me so sick sometimes [USA]

basically what these guys privatized the punishment for Juveniles, for their own profit.

every kid that went before these judges were put into juvi, just so these guys could make more money to spend on multi million dollar mansions in florida.

i dont like capitalism [well, the privatization of businesses]

if this is old, tell me and ill close the thread.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Last edited by koalabacon at Mar 28, 2009,
I don't see the problem
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
I don't see the problem

they sent kids to jail so they could profit off of it.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Fat midlife-crisis judges. Need I say more?

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by koalabacon
they sent kids to jail so they could profit off of it.

What's your point? you'd do it too if you could.
Quote by MedicreDemon
What's your point? you'd do it too if you could.

no, no i would not.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
no, no i would not.

the kid deserved juvi anyway, so why woudlnt you?
Quote by MedicreDemon
the kid deserved juvi anyway, so why woudlnt you?

they put THOUSANDS of kids in juvi for almost anything. one girl got put in for stealing nut meg, one kid got put in for damaging his mothers car [he was using it with her consent].
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

That's pretty ****ed up. Though I'm not totally sure you can blame capitalism for this, you can blame it on the douchebaggery of the judges though.
Quote by koalabacon
they put THOUSANDS of kids in juvi for almost anything. one girl got put in for stealing nut meg, one kid got put in for damaging his mothers car [he was using it with her consent].

well a judges decision is a judges decision. and they do their job to make money. Not to help people.
Quote by The_Shape
That's pretty ****ed up. Though I'm not totally sure you can blame capitalism for this, you can blame it on the douchebaggery of the judges though.

i know i cant blame capitalism for it, but its starting to make me see what i can lead to.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by MedicreDemon
well a judges decision is a judges decision. and they do their job to make money. Not to help people.

youre missing it completely.

these guys cut funding for state juvenile detention, had their buddies privatize it, and paid them under the table to send kids to juvi for stupid reasons.

they ruined kids lives.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by MedicreDemon

Their job is to uphold the law, not exploit it to make money. Stop trolling and/or being dumb.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by MedicreDemon

The entire POINT of having judges is so that we have some form of justice in the world. As far as I see, these people are taking the honor and responsibility they were trusted with and smashing it in the ground.

I am disgusted with these judges, I wonder if they even care about the suffering they have caused...

Profiteering does NOT belong in the courtroom.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda

The entire POINT of having judges is so that we have some form of justice in the world. As far as I see, these people are taking the honor and responsibility they were trusted with and smashing it in the ground.

I am disgusted with these judges, I wonder if they even care about the suffering they have caused...

Profiteering does NOT belong in the courtroom.

I wonder why they would care, they made a decision and need to stick by it, it gives a poor reputation if you are constantly compromising your own values. And decisions in a case such as this reflect their values. SO if they were to apologize, i would lose much respect for them.
Quote by stephen_rettie
its not america, its those 2 guys, the US has a lot of other problems with it you can bash, this one lies with those 2 judges.

yeah but they got away with it for a while. it makes you wonder the other fallacies in our govt.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by MedicreDemon
I wonder why they would care, they made a decision and need to stick by it, it gives a poor reputation if you are constantly compromising your own values. And decisions in a case such as this reflect their values. SO if they were to apologize, i would lose much respect for them.

and you havent already?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by MedicreDemon

There's no way this isn't a troll.
Quote by MedicreDemon

1. You must be a troll. There is no possible way you arent.

2. This isnt about morals. This is about them abusing their power to send largely innocent children to jail and effectively ruining their lives, all in the name of some under-the-table profiteering.

That is despicable on many levels, even YOU have to admit.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by MedicreDemon

They didn't judge kids based on their values. The judges threw them in juvie (without proper counsel in some cases, I might add, depriving them of their constitutional rights) to make more money. They didn't do it to help society. They got greedy.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Quote by koalabacon
and you havent already?

Compromised my values? What values are you talking about? I don't advocate these stupid children breaking the law.

Quote by zippidyduda
1. You must be a troll. There is no possible way you arent.

2. This isnt about morals. This is about them abusing their power to send largely innocent children to jail and effectively ruining their lives, all in the name of some under-the-table profiteering.

That is despicable on many levels, even YOU have to admit.

I said values, not morals dip****.

giving Pennsylvania a bad rep.

i read about that story when the news broke a month or two ago. it was on the local news around here for a little while before it was picked up nationally.

i feel really bad for those kids.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Compromised my values? What values are you talking about? I don't advocate these stupid children breaking the law.

ok, now youre definitely missing it.

just stop.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by daytripper75

giving Pennsylvania a bad rep.

i read about that story when the news broke a month or two ago. it was on the local news around here for a little while before it was picked up nationally.

i feel really bad for those kids.

a month or two ago? i just heard it on the radio this morning
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by MedicreDemon
What am I missing?

attention, apparently...
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by MedicreDemon
I said values, not morals dip****.

Ah, resorting to personal attacks, I see? That is the sign of a frazzled debater, I believe.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Replace "morals" with "values" if you care that much. My point is still completely valid. You obviously think so too, because the only angle that you could take was complaining about my word choice.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by koalabacon

Yeah it happened a while ago.
Quote by zippidyduda
Ah, resorting to personal attacks, I see? That is the sign of a frazzled debater, I believe.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Replace "morals" with "values" if you care that much. My point is still completely valid. You obviously think so too, because the only angle that you could take was complaining about my word choice.

Because I didn't read the rest of what you said.

And how are any of the kids innocent?
Quote by koalabacon

yeah. i saw it on the local news at least a month ago.

Quote by MedicreDemon

none were necessarily innocent, but the punishments they received were extreme compared to some of the crimes committed.

this is from the article:

Among the offenders were teenagers who were locked up for months for stealing loose change from cars, writing a prank note and possessing drug paraphernalia. Many had never been in trouble before. Some were imprisoned even after probation officers recommended against it.

that is the problem. the fact they were given harsh punishments because two groups were paying the judges to sentence them to their institutions.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Because I didn't read the rest of what you said.

getting juvi for STEALING NUTMEG?

you try to defend your argument by saying the kids deserve it because they broke the law. so what about these judges?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Page 1 of 3