Anyone know a good/the best laptop I can get for under $1000 CAN?
Preferably with 4 gigs of ram and a decent processor
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Asus

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Toshiba Satellite. I have it. Am using it. Never had a problem with it. $630.00
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by archangels666
Get an HP. Best computers you can get for the price.

Hell, probably the some of the best computers you can get at all.

No, they're not.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Anus
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Xiaoxi
No, they're not.

+1 too faulty. My roommate's HP's specs are better than mine and his computers zonked out three times since September. And his dvd player doesn't work either.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by rock_star77
+1 too faulty. My roommate's HP's specs are better than mine and his computers zonked out three times since September. And his dvd player doesn't work either.

There's a whole bunch of factors that go into the quality of a laptop. Most people are short-sighted and only look at the numbers, which is why they're always bitching about Macs. Too bad they don't look at the build, or the hardware infrastructure, or the exact hardware model, etc.

Asus is the best Windows based computer for the money and the design. HP and Dell are mediocre. Alienware and Vaio are the worst for the money and quality. MacBooks have the best value for higher budget.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
There's a whole bunch of factors that go into the quality of a laptop. Most people are short-sighted and only look at the numbers, which is why they're always bitching about Macs. Too bad they don't look at the build, or the hardware infrastructure, or the exact hardware model, etc.

Asus is the best Windows based computer for the money and the design. HP and Dell are mediocre. Alienware and Vaio are the worst for the money and quality. MacBooks have the best value for higher budget.

do you have a specific model that's good that I can get in Canada? And maybe a link?
Guitars
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by stevo_92
do you have a specific model that's good that I can get in Canada? And maybe a link?

Oh, I don't know about Canada because I'm pretty sure Newegg doesn't ship to Canada. Maybe you could ship it to a trusted friend in the US and have him/her ship it to you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220488

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've seen Asus' around. There's gotta be some place you can get them here.
EDIT: http://ca.asus.com/mobile/index.html
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh, I don't know about Canada because I'm pretty sure Newegg doesn't ship to Canada. Maybe you could ship it to a trusted friend in the US and have him/her ship it to you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220488

k well i think the canadian dollar is pretty low atm, and the one on newegg.ca is $1,279.99. do you have any other suggestions?

edit: that's a really damn nice laptop though
edit2: this seems like it's pretty legit but it doesn't show any info besides the name
Guitars
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by stevo_92 at Mar 28, 2009,
Definitely avoid HP. Owned one, it sucked. For some reason, bought another one. It sucked too.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by stevo_92
every site i go to says that one is discontinued

So try to get it through a friend in the US. Or ebay.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
So try to get it through a friend in the US. Or ebay.

lol i don't think asus is happening for me for under a grand. Had any experience with gateway?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4434945&CatId=17
Guitars
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
dell inspirson series
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Xiaoxi

The only Vaio worth getting would be the Z series. It's like Sony's MacBook Pro.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by stevo_92
Anyone know a good/the best laptop I can get for under $1000 CAN?
Preferably with 4 gigs of ram and a decent processor

I would buy a decent laptop with a really good processor and get your own sticks of ram and install them in the computer. That's what I did and it worked out.
MacBook Pro.

Oh, you said under 1000...
Quote by LaGrange
an 08er made me lol
good one!

yes, I bring teh luhlz.
Quote by paintITblack39
The only Vaio worth getting would be the Z series. It's like Sony's MacBook Pro.

I like how it tries to copy MacBook but fails.

Chasis is aluminum. Okay. Too bad the actual build structure is still the same old traditional crap that is the source of mechanical problems. The "fly-on-the-go" graphics switch is admirable, but short of MBP's specs: 9400 onboard, 9600 dedicated. It's a step up from traditionalism, which everyone else minus apple is still tied to, but it's not good enough.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I actually thought the dell 1520 was a real real good laptop ! It performs amazingly well for the price. Too bad they don't make it with the same specs as they used to before. Granted it is not the prettiest laptop out there but it was a gem.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)