Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago, I started a build thread with some photos of my IKEA Gorm pedalboard project that I finished in bright orange spraypaint. Apparently, I should have posted it to the gear building thread, and a few folks were apparently upset that I used one post per step. All of this lead to the thread being prematurely "Closed".

Anyway, after taking a break for a couple of weeks, I've decided to set things right and have started Version 2.0 of the same thread over in the Gear Building & Customizing forum. Here's the link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19204689

And thanks to all the folks who spoke out in support of the original thread. Your kind and supportive words did not go unnoticed.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Mar 28, 2009,
By the way: I've since learned that you're limited to no more than 10 photos per post, so keep that in mind if you decide to do your own build thread.

I appreciated your thread. It was mainly uptight n00bz that got pissed at the forum location.

BTW, you need an OR50 to match the board now.
Hey, I also have a mini-restoration of a vintage ProCo RAT thread I'd like to post -- I bought a early 1980's RAT that had been modded and I made a few changes to restore it. Would I post that thread here in this forum (accessories, pedals, effects) or in the build & customizing thread?

I figured I might as well ask first...if you know what I mean...
Post it wherever, dude. I don't go into Building and Customizing, so I probably would miss it.

Gear modification threads are actually pretty common around here, and a lot of folks post electric guitar stuff here, too, instead of the EG forum.

I know I wouldn't mind
^^ I tend to agree with that.

A thread that documents restoring a modded pedal to its original state from 25 years ago belongs in the effects forum IMO.

And *THIS* is the effects forum. So I'm gonna post here. Thanks!
Just started the ProCo RAT restoration thread. Here's the link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19205003

As restorations go, this one is hardly worth documenting...but it did give me a chance to use some of the close-up lenses on my camera!