Hey there. I'm looking for a new guitar because my beginner Strat has decided to give up on me, not to mention it's a piece of ****. I'm going to buy a new guitar probably next week but i'm not sure what to buy. I'm into Metal and Hard Rock, such as Disturbed, Lamb of God and In Flames. I've played for a year but I am a fairly good player . Any suggestions on a guitar and an amp, and maybe an effect pedal? I don't want a Strat as I find they are boring.

Thanks~
Budget? I mean, I'd recommend an ESP Les Paul with a Mesa Mark IV but I'm guessing you don't have that kind of money.
I have an LTD EC-200 and it's served me well, it should be able to handle what you want to play.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by SinisterStrieth
Yeah, as cheap as possible but still with a good sound.

That's more of an opinion thing. For me, the cheapest setup with a "good" sound, to me, is an Epiphone LP with a Vox Valvetronix.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top-Electric-Guitar-518341-i1149990.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-VT30-30W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105156558-i1428847.gc
Try some out. We can't really help you since you have no idea what you're looking for.
I want something like a V, or an Explorer. Or maybe even a Dean? I'm just looking for some cheap modules that still sound decent.
You really need to try them out. If you don't like how a guitar feels, you're screwed. You can change how it sounds, but you can't change how it feels. Try some out and see what you want. We really can't help you much.
Dean, Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez and BC Rich are all brands that might be worth looking into. When you say that you find Stratocasters boring, is this judgement based on shape, tone or just the traditional nature of the guitar?

Most people are of the mindset that it's the amp that controls a large proportion of the sound, not the instrument alone, so you might want to do some extra research on that as well.
Jackson KE3 or KV10X
ESP EX-401DX or EC-200
Schecter Sunset Hellraiser Floyd Rose (What other guitar costs $500, has EMG's and Original Floyd Rose?)
Ibanez S470 and RG350DX
I would personally recommend this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WM24-Electric-Guitar?sku=518929
Randall pickups are really nice, as far as I've heard, and as far as all the ones I've played. The Ultra XL in the bridge will get you a high output, suitable for metal. If I had $500 to spend, and I wanted a shred/metal guitar, it would be this.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I personally wouldn't. The pickups in that, though they are EMG's, are passive EMG's, not actives. EMG's passive pickups sound like complete rubbish (To me at least).
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me