So, after all the years of playing, i STILL cant seem to fix this problem, and thats when i play solos or whatever, when my pinkie is not in use it curls into a relaxed position like if i was almost closing a fist but with my pinkie only. Ive tried and tried to fix it but to no avail. So i was wondering does anyone else have this problem, or much rather is it REALLY a problem or its just natural? If you can fix how did you go about it?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
id try to work it out, but there are some good guitarists with a similar problem. i would just work on a ton of licks that require the pinky, it may help ya out
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
id try to work it out, but there are some good guitarists with a similar problem. i would just work on a ton of licks that require the pinky, it may help ya out

yeah ive tried that, funny thing is when i concentrate on what im doing my pinkie does fine, but once i get in the groove and let it all out, i feel my pinkie just curls right up. I mean it dosent cause a problem really, it just bothers me, and it does fine when im playing 16ths at 180bpm but when i go to slow tempos thats when it REALLY curls up
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
What I saw recommended on UG is to try to tape/tie your pinky to your ring finger at the base of your fingers but not too tightly that they won't be able to use them. That and switching over to the "Metallica style" 1 and 4 power chords worked for me. I don't really see it as a problem as long as your finger works when you need it to. When I play I try to let my hands do what comes naturally...well except alternate picking that took work.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Does it actually affect your playing? If it isn't hindering you in any way, it's probably alright. Everyone plays a little differently, after all, so unless you're sure it's a significant problem, you most likely don't need to worry about it.