I have an Ibanez GRX40, and I find that when I have it set to, say the neck pick-up, and attempt to play while standing up (usually strumming heavy chords), I will sometimes accidentally hit the pick-up switch and screw things up a bit.

It doesn't really happen when I'm sitting down, since the playing is more controlled and less erratic (e.g., if you're trying to make things more interesting by "rocking out" and all that stuff while playing standing up), but hmm...I was just wondering if this is a normal sort of problem that people generally go through, or whether it's uncommon. I feel like I might also have a psychological reaction as well, like I know that the neck pick-up means the switch is closer to my hand, so I feel more "mentally confined", if makes sense.

o_0! I guess half the reason I'm typing this now is because I'm bored at uni and it's a good way to procrastinate from studying, ahahaha.
i hit the pickup switch a lot on my Ibanez strat-copy. I also hit the volume knobs on strats with my hand. On my LP, i sometimes hit the switch if i'm "rocking out" at a jam session, but then i just reset it to the original position while i'm playing.

so yes, i think it's natural to hit it. Duct tape it if you only use one pickup. DIY
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
It happens to me, but that's usually when I'm making big sweeping strums, so it's pretty much all in where you're putting your hand and how you're strumming really.
lol i have an ibanez grx20 and sometimes when I'm doing sweeps I hit the volume knob turning it down ruining the distortion
Quote by zarsss
lol i have an ibanez grx20 and sometimes when I'm doing sweeps I hit the volume knob turning it down ruining the distortion

ha ha, same on my jackson... one minute i'm shredding away.... the next minute i cant hear anything
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
every time i get a new guitar i seem to do this for a while but then i get used to the position of it a bit more.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.