Peavey TNT 115. i believe it's 100 watt solid state. might get one as i found a really good deal on one. No playing at high volumes pretty much ever. Will it sound as good as like a 50 watt SS at the same volume or will it be the same?

I have the impression that volume doesn't matter much for solid state amps. Am i correct?

The thing is that the price is cheaper than the that of a much cheaper amp. i can get this one cheaper than a fender rumble 60 watt. I'm just wondering if this will sound good because i probably will never trade this again.

Thanks
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
This is really opinion based. It wont sound bad by any means.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
No, since SS amps are designed to be turned up all the way and still not distort, half-volume should be pretty much the same as almost max. I don't know if it will sound the same as a half-wattage amp, but it won't sound bad. I play a 100w ampeg at low volumes all the time.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
actually if you turn a solid state amp all the way up it will clip(aka distort) but as far as i'm concerned who turns their solid state amp to 10? It will sound the same as it does at loud volumes. That's the beauty of solid state amps.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
i mean like playing at 1-2 out of 10. not like 3. Well. it was pretty helpful anyways. I just gotta say that i mean like REALLY low because i live in an apartment with neighbors that have 100000000 complaints. I can barely turn my amp past 2 without **** sometimes.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Edit: Maybe Headphones? It's another option. If you get some decent ones, it doesn't sound too bad.

Quote by Revelation
actually if you turn a solid state amp all the way up it will clip(aka distort) but as far as i'm concerned who turns their solid state amp to 10? It will sound the same as it does at loud volumes. That's the beauty of solid state amps.

What I said. What he said. Said.

I guess I mean +1.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Last edited by samskii at Mar 28, 2009,
I play my peavey 60 watt at 2 in my bedroom and it sounds fine. I used to use a 130 watt at 1-2 and it was fine. Like I said. The beauty of solid state is good tone at low volumes. It has other perks too but that's the big one to me.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
I play my peavey 60 watt at 2 in my bedroom and it sounds fine. I used to use a 130 watt at 1-2 and it was fine. Like I said. The beauty of solid state is good tone at low volumes. It has other perks too but that's the big one to me.

Thanks man. I was looking at solid states because of the fact that they dont distort as much as tube amps do. I guess this is one of those bonus good things. Thanks for the info
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack