I posted a thread earlier asking about a couple schecter 7 strings and how thats all i would buy.

well just to make me eat my words, God threw a 7 string ibanez in the guitar shop i went in at a very affordable price. of course. so can i get some opinions on this guitar?

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG7321

and how would it own up to something like a hellraiser?
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by s2thalayer at Mar 28, 2009,
I've played the 6 string version of this, and it seemed much more expensive than it was. I'd say try it out even if you can only find the 6 string in a store.

For a budget guitar, the pickups were surprisingly clear.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
The neck would be considerably thinner and a bit flatter. There is a large difference between the 7321 and hellraiser c-7, though. I'd still take a 7321 over a hellraiser anyday though. However, that's my preference.

The stock pickups obviously aren't great and i think the ones they're making now are MII but they still make good ones.
well i figure the hellraiser is basically a grand, the ibanez is 400, and i could prolly get him to drop the price a bit. with the money i save, i can change the pickups.

and the main thing is, i rock an avenger as is, and the last thing i want is 20 guitars that all sound exactly the same. diversity.

and yeah, i own an ibanez RG125, and the neck is a lot flatter, but i noticed when i played the rg7321, the neck is...i dont know..angled? its fatter on the top than the bottom. thats just something weird i think but prolly helps.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by s2thalayer at Mar 28, 2009,
I'd take that over the HR,rip all the electronics out,replace the wiring,pups,pots,jack,switch and all that and walk away with a great guitar and a couple extra hundred bucks in my pocket.Wiring it with a versatile set of passives and coil splitting would also be a good idea.It'd add a different feel and sound to your collection.Another model worth looking at if you like the 7321 is the older 7621,which is like an upgraded MIJ version of the 7321 that already comes with DiMarzio pups stock.You can get them fairly cheap on sites like Ebay and CL.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.