Can ya guess what it is?

I'll give you a hint...

I've been looking for a long time for something that can do cleans, blues and classic rock tones but with a comfortable thin as hell neck and I finally found it. This thing rivals my rg 560 with the original wizard neck. Also the pickups are extremely creamy and warm with coil tapping so it covers everything I need it for.

Here are the specs on her..

Specifications:
[ Body ] Basswood Body with Flamed Maple Top
[ Neck ] UltraLux Maple Set Neck
[ Fingerboard ] Resinator Fretboard with Abalone and Pearl Shell Inlays
[ Truss Rod ] H-Expander Truss Rod
[ Tuning Keys ] Hagstrom 15:1 Die Cast Tuners
[ Scale Length ] 24.75” Scale
[ Pickups ] 2x Hagstrom Custom 58 Humbuckers
[ Selector ] 3-Way Toggle
[ Bridge ] Long Travel Tune-O-Matic with Hagstrom Stop Tail Piece and 6 Individual Brass String Blocks
[ Controls ] 1x Volume / 1x Tone / Mini-Toggle Coil-Tap Switch

And here's some more pictures..

Honestly its the best guitar I have ever played it fits my hands and playing style to perfection with sustain for days.

And lastly...

A Zakk Wylde Wah

Im still debating if I like this one or not. Sounds great but it has a really wide sweep in a small range if that makes any since. Example where normal wahs are toe full down and toe full up your have your normal wah range. Well this one you have to learn to only go half way and back to operate in the normal range and anymore your in to super sweep mode which really changes up the tone. And I haven't quite gotten the hang of or found a use for this yet lol. So I might be getting something else dont know yet.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 30, 2009,
AWESOME!!!! Happy NGD!!!!

I have been GASING BAD for a Hagstrom since they started to make them again a couple years ago. You said the pickups were creamy, which is good, but can they clear up on distortion??? Good Clarity???

EDIT: BTW, I am running a 5150II head into Line 6 cab, so setup would be close to yours.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Last edited by CarbonDeath at Mar 28, 2009,
thats a hot looking guit man

good job
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
nice dude! my mate has the blacky-purplish one of them and it's so sweet to play. i got the xl-5 kinda wishing i got one of those but i still love it. new pups soon but!
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I WANT ONE

HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Nice!

Les Pauls FTMFW!! I knew it was one from the first picture

Not sure how I'd get along with that pickup selector being there though... hmm...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
awesome looking guitar man!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Is the smaller switch between the VOL and TONE knobs a coil split/tap? That's a gorgeous guitar IP. Congrats!
Quote by CarbonDeath
AWESOME!!!! Happy NGD!!!!

I have been GASING BAD for a Hagstrom since they started to make them again a couple years ago. You said the pickups were creamy, which is good, but can they clear up on distortion??? Good Clarity???

EDIT: BTW, I am running a 5150II head into Line 6 cab, so setup would be close to yours.

Heres the info on the pup's..
Custom 58 Alnico 5 Humbuckers optimized for a fat, warm Vintage tone.

They can handle distortion extremely well but its lacking quite a bit when it comes to tight metal riffage. It really shines in the cleans, classic rock, blues and even some classic metal like dio department. Actually sounds pretty amazing for dio types of distortion. And in the lead department that fat warm tone comes alive and the sustain is un real. But for modern metal (which I classify as tight machine gun riffage) its just to warm and fat to really hammer the notes out quick clear and in rapid succession. Everything about this guitar was designed to make it sing not bark if you get my drift. Hell it even makes the 6505's cleans sound a ton better which is a hell of an accomplishment lol

Hope that answers your question and here is a video I found of some good lead work and classic tones it excels at with a little metal thrown in so you can see how it handles it. It will give you an idea of the tone you get out of it.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/hagstrom-ultra-swede-demo-2/1040084991

Quote by MatrixClaw
Nice!

Les Pauls FTMFW!! I knew it was one from the first picture

Not sure how I'd get along with that pickup selector being there though... hmm...

It takes some getting used to but I kind of like it. I cant stand it up on top and when its in between the volume and tone knobs you have to look for so you dont hit one of the knobs. This way with an exaggerated swing of the arm you can easily flip it and you know exactly where it is and its out of the way of everything else. They even designed the way it flips for this type of style. The direction of the flip is at that swooping angle not up and down but side to side with a bit of a tilt to match your hand swing (you can see what im talking about in the last pic). The thing had a lot of thought process behind it and once you get used of it the thing is pretty amazing.

Quote by gregs1020
Is the smaller switch between the VOL and TONE knobs a coil split/tap? That's a gorgeous guitar IP. Congrats!

Yup that it is...

And thanks for the comments everyone
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 28, 2009,
Really sweet looking guitar IP. Nice grab.

yeah, that sweep range on your Wah would drive me crazy. I like to know that toe up and toe down IS the range. I got a Crybaby 535Q but it was way too noisy. I was picking up a radio station?? So I exchanged it for an Ernie Ball Wah and then recently got an Ernie Ball Volume pedal.

Edit: I just realized you know this already.

Did you get these off craigslist and can I ask how much?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Really sweet looking guitar IP. Nice grab.

yeah, that sweep range on your Wah would drive me crazy. I like to know that toe up and toe down IS the range. I got a Crybaby 535Q but it was way too noisy. I was picking up a radio station?? So I exchanged it for an Ernie Ball Wah and then recently got an Ernie Ball Volume pedal.

Edit: I just realized you know this already.

Did you get these off craigslist and can I ask how much?

Yea I think im gonna go wah hunting today and see what I can find. Whats funny is I bought this thing for the huge sweep range. Becasue my orginal crybaby has crap for range. But sometimes to much range is not a good thing lol. So Ill see what I can find and if I cant find anything its moddin time

Actually didnt go used this time I went up to a local shop and picked them up.. The Hagstrom put me back $459.99 and the Wah I was able to pick up for $79.99.
IP ^Oh, I thought that Wah pedal was more than that

Yeah, forsaknazrael told me what to do to try to fix my noise problem but I decided to try another one side by side. IIR - the Ernie Ball has a 12 degree sweep and the Crybaby has a 8 degree sweep. Check it.

Good deal on guitar
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
IP ^Oh, I thought that Wah pedal was more than that

Yeah, forsaknazrael told me what to do to try to fix my noise problem but I decided to try another one side by side. IIR - the Ernie Ball has a 12 degree sweep and the Crybaby has a 8 degree sweep. Check it.

Good deal on guitar

They are, they usually run in the $112-$129 range... This one was an open box, someone purchased and returned it so I got some cash off of it because they couldn't sell it as new. And the guitar is completely new..

I lucked out at least on that matter this wah is noise free and the tone is great. Where they went wrong for your someone like me your average joe is adding a huge sweep with a hot potz potentiometer so you get a fast aggressive engagement. But i'm gonna give tightening up the torque adjustment a bit to see if that helps a bit more of my control. And maybe making a height adjust screw to keep me out of that super low octave range.

And i'll check out the ernie ball when I get a chance.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 28, 2009,
Update on NGD.

I'm putting the Zakk Wylde up for sale or trade. It will make someone a great pedal but with me being a super wah noob it takes to much work for me to work the pedal correctly lol. So i've went back to my orginal crybaby and just decided to mod the hell out of it lol

Also had more time to play the guitar... Theres so much room to grow on this thing. I forgot how much more control over your tone a good passive pup'ed guitar has. Also the huge range on the tone and volume controls coupled with great response help out a great deal. And then add in the coil tap switch and you can pull any tone you want out of her. From Fender's bright cleans and twang to Gibson's dark warm and creamy. This guitar amazes me every time I pick it up.
That would be an Ultra Swede correct?

I looked very seriously at them a couple of months ago before picking up my LTD. The ones that I played were FANTASTIC instruments, however the details that you noted about the pickups were the primary reason I didn't end up with one. They're great, just not for me, and I wanted a guitar I wouldn't have to mod (not yet, anyway). I actually really like the pickup selector in that location as I generally play up closer to the neck than most people and it can be an issue when I accidentally whack the switch.

Congrats, and much love for Hagstrom.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
That would be an Ultra Swede correct?

I looked very seriously at them a couple of months ago before picking up my LTD. The ones that I played were FANTASTIC instruments, however the details that you noted about the pickups were the primary reason I didn't end up with one. They're great, just not for me, and I wanted a guitar I wouldn't have to mod (not yet, anyway). I actually really like the pickup selector in that location as I generally play up closer to the neck than most people and it can be an issue when I accidentally whack the switch.

Congrats, and much love for Hagstrom.

Yup its and Ultra Swede.

The cool thing is I already have an LTD and Ibanez so it was an easy choice when it came to picking this one up.

much love
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Glad you like it.

I just realized you have a an Ernie Ball Vol Pedal for sale. Doooh!

Oh well, technically mine was free.

Why are you getting rid of vol pedal?

Yup that I did and it will be gone tomorrow morning...

I'm getting rid of it because I dont really need it anymore. Since I have moved everything into my make shift studio/closet lol. I can actually crank the 6505 to its sweet spot now. And being I really only used it for doing the valveking preamp trick and fine tuning the volume level to match my ultra because of the low volume issue figured its time to clean house.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup that it is... and unfortunately its too wylde for my noob foot

You get used to wahs fast