okay, heres the situation. i have AUD$1500 which is roughly USD$1100, im buying a new guitar and i've tried out the maton ms2000 STD (standard, not sexually transmited disease ) which i absolutely love. the retail on it is AUD$2000 and i've been offered $1400 NEW so its a great deal obviously.

I'm asking what are the other guitars that are excellent for the price tag around the AUD$1500 mark because its a large amount of money and i wouldn't want to make the wrong choice.

Don't get me wrong i love the maton and honestly can't imagine a better priced guitar seeing as its made right here in australia, as all the american imported guitars cos a **** load due to shipping and what-not.

Buying an amp is out of the question because i love my tiny terror and only recently got it (january)

I play mainly bluesy, Queens of the Stone Age, clean metallica stuff occasionly the heavy stuff although thats not the tone i aim for. I love santana's tone in the song smooth (which i can achieve pretty much with a ge-7 EQ pedal with my TT and the maton)

thanks guys
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Hmm, maybe you should check out some PRS?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.