Page 1 of 2
I hear very often about metal musicians who, in their spare time, have to take on other jobs in order to keep themselves financially afloat. I was wondering if anyone knew of good examples of these...?

I heard that the guys from Vital Remains work in a factory when they're not on tour, and that Lord Worm is/was an English teacher. Anyone else have come good examples?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
County Medical Examiners - Doctors :P
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Paul Masvidal from Cynic is a music therapist and a volunteer comforter of those about to die at hospitals.
Last edited by jibran at Mar 28, 2009,
im a pizza man
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Fuast is a trucker.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
insomnium:
one guitarist (i forget which one is which) is doing a phd in evolutionary microbiology.
The other is a surgeon
The rest of the band is in college I think

I wonder if I would really want a death metal guitarist as my surgeon, even if its MDM

Ozzy is some sort of prince as far as I know.

ololololol.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Robb Flynn works for an audio book company, he reads out lengthy novels on tape, as far as I know.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I think Chuck Billy works for a Trucking company.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Stranglehold
Robb Flynn works for an audio book company, he reads out lengthy novels on tape, as far as I know.

I'd like to hear a book.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
I'd like to hear a book.

It was a joke, I was implying that he could actually read..... cant believe that worked.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I'm pretty sure that the guys from Atheist all have jobs. I read that on their individual myspaces.
very, very few metal bands can survive on their music income alone.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Fenriz of Darkthrone is a mailman...and I work in a petshop...
Gaahl is a marriage counselor.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Quote by DewdPerson
Gaahl is a marriage counselor.

Fashion designer.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Fenriz: Postal Worker
Ray Herrera: Composes Music for Video Games
Silenoz: Used to work in a day care
Lord Worm: English Professor
Abbath: Runs both a scaffolding business and a day care
Ihsahn: High School music teacher
Mikael Stanne: Nursing Home Worker
Maynard James Keenan: Vintner
Alan Averill: Carpenter
Ben Weinman: Talent Agent
David Silveria: Owns a sushi bar in L.A.
Niklas Sundin: Graphic Designer
Dave Mustaine: Runs a coffee Company with his wife
Nocturno Culto: Teaches music to kids
Devin Townsend: record Producer
King ov Hell: Elementary school teacher
Peter Dolving: Carpenter
Angela Gossow: Photographer
Anders Friiden: Record Producer
Al Jourganson: Runs Record Label
Dave Kinkade: Electrician
Chuck Billy: Runs a trucking company
Nathan and Aaron Weaver: Farmers

Joey DeMaio: Lives with his parents

County Medical Examiners - Pathologists

Blackthorn of Thornspawn owns a record shop, called Black Death Coven Records. I've been in there, and although small, the selection of obscure black metal is just unbeatable.

The singer of Gnostic is a truck driver.

Archfiend from the band Adumus is a graphic designer. He's done alot of things for businesses, and for bands as well. Here's something he designed...Album art for the band Nodens

Johan Hegg is a truck driver when not doing anything with Amon Amarth

Zachary Hietala and Tommi Salmela of Tarot are both youth workers (Zachary also teaches music theory

Angela Gossow - Photgrapher

one of the guys from Orphaned Land is a barber and one of the guys from Celtic Frost owns a bar in Mexico

Alan Averill from Primordial studies Journalism.

Morten Veland from Sirenia/Tristania used to make radars for war tanks that were being used in Kuwait. Before that he cut up fishes.

Ross Dolan from Immolation saying he drives some sort of delivery truck around New York.

Bruce Dickinson is an airline pilot. also, Matt Barlow is a cop.

Paul Ledney lives with his mother

Senmuth is an album designer. Im also fairly sure he does production jobs as well

Ravi Bhadriraju is a pre-med student

Karl Sanders works at a BMW plant and Messiah Marcolin drives a forklift or something in a warehouse

Most of the members of Protector ended up working at the Volkswagen factory except Martin who works for a german diplomatic office in sweden.

" We all have regular jobs. I never wanted to live off music (nor can I). That way I know I am making music to listen to rather than to sell. My anger comes from everyday life living in a christian based society. I work for a technology company so I am always dealing with fat cunts. "
- Interview I did with Don of the Dead from Nunslaughter a couple years ago.

"My day job? Let’s see, I create privacy for the public at large. What I gotta do, is put up these, I put up these window treatments type stuff, I gotta take **** from uh, mean old ladies that are still pissed off about the war." - Interview with Brian Hobbie of Catastrophic

Rigel Walshe from Dawn of Azazel is a police officer.

I saw an interview where Alex Webster had said that he had been working in a factory when he was not touring.

I also read that Muhammed from Necrophagist got a degree in mechanical engineering.

Danny lilker works at party city a mile from my house, and Warrel Dane owns a restaraunt with Jim Sheppard

The vocalist from Eluveitie works in a book store.

Tom from Celtic Frost works with H.R. Giger and Martin from CF owns a DVD store if I remember correctly

I think Tony Forde from Blood Duster/The Day Everything Became Nothing may be a bartender, but that's just a rumour I've heard.

Reverend Filthy **** from the Lebanese band Ayat mentioned in an interview that he earns a living translating Arabic documents into English and/or French.

Ollie from Desecration (UK) is a mortician

know that Burton C. Bell was working as a house painter at one point.

Balmore of Exmortus is a special ed teacher in California.

Jill from Funerus is a nurse.

Doug Cerrito now runs an air conditioner business.

Alex Wank of Pungent Stench runs a metal/occult weird **** store called Totem in Vienna

My Dying Bride : Aaron Stainthorpe is said to be an engineer for Toyota.
Benighted (Fra) : Julien works as a nurse in a mental hospital, Eric is into computer programming.
Inhumate : Fred & Christophe are both french teachers.
Xavier (Overmars) runs a tour-van rental company, together with David (Destinity).

Seth Siro Anton of Septic Flesh works as an art designer and Lethe of Order of the Ebon Hand is one of the most famous cinema critics in Greece. George Zaharopoulos of Necromantia is co-founder of the greek metal magazine Metal Invader, and also he founded the greek label Black Lotus Records.

SOURCE: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=48853

owned you all
"Paul Ledney lives with his mother"

Saw that one coming.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Too bad its a joke.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yeah, that's what disheartened me.

One of these days, one of us needs to go to a Profanatica show and ask him his living arrangements.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I dig ditches.

Fvckin' hurray for me.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I dig ditches too.

archaeologist
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Page 1 of 2