Page 1 of 2
Ok so who's cd are you guys most looking forward to:
1. Intro5pect's - with their awesome new bassist some surprise guest vocals
2. NoFX's - may be a little questionable based of their quitter song posted on myspace.
3. Anti-Flag's new cd which is going to be their last cd.

Yes I know Anti-Flag sold out, and blah blah, however I think it is going to be interesting to see how they want to be remembered.
Last edited by ArsonAarin at Mar 28, 2009,
I need the source on that anti-flag thing. Where did they say it would be their last?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I need the source on that anti-flag thing. Where did they say it would be their last?

agreed
Everyone should be looking forward to Screaming Females - Power Move.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Wasn't Rancid's new album supposed to be released last year? Is it going to be another Chinese Democracy?
Screaming Femaels, Pansy Division, Ringers, Queers (I think this year), Parasites, the one I'm recording with a new band (not punk though)
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by werty22
Wasn't Rancid's new album supposed to be released last year? Is it going to be another Chinese Democracy?

According to my friend who is fucking Tim Armstrong this CD is going to be the masterpiece.
According to my friend who is fucking Tim Armstrong this CD is going to be the masterpiece.

Get her to steal a copy and give it to you, and you can leak it to all of us.
brnh.bandcamp.com
She said she has only heard a few songs but its supposed to be the masterpiece. I can only imagine Tim Armstrong would want to make an amazing album after his solo CD did so well and its been so long.
Quote by Sid McCall

Seriously!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I'm not good at satying up-to-date with what bands are doing (because I spend too much time listening to bands that are dead already).

I'm looking forward to new Screaming Females, new Queers, I'm sure Jay Reatard will have some new stuff.

But what I'm REALLY on the look out for is some ****ing THORNS OF LIFE!
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm not good at satying up-to-date with what bands are doing (because I spend too much time listening to bands that are dead already).

this......are there still good bands around? ok there are, but unfortunately they are not making so many CDs
Now that I think of it, I don't actively listen to any bands that are still together. I too need to get up to date.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Yeah but save one or two bands, I don't really like a lot of local bands.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Anyone who says there's no good current bands just isn't trying hard enough. There is so much good music right now.
brnh.bandcamp.com
There are plenty of good current bands, however there are very few that really make me say "I really like this band and am going to stay up to date with their activity."
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by neidnarb11890

I'm looking forward to new Screaming Females, new Queers, I'm sure Jay Reatard will have some new stuff.

But what I'm REALLY on the look out for is some ****ing THORNS OF LIFE!
I agree with everything you said.

Speaking of THORNS OF FUCKING LIFE, Rizzo your sig is sooooo Jawbreaker.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by RizzoWashburn
There are plenty of good current bands, however there are very few that really make me say "I really like this band and am going to stay up to date with their activity."

Check out Look, Pizza. And the Slime Kings. Will change your life.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Check out Look, Pizza. And the Slime Kings. Will change your life.

good call
Quote by I_Pwn
Anyone who says there's no good current bands just isn't trying hard enough. There is so much good music right now.

There are deffinitely some, such as Oi Polloi or Citizen Fish (there´s no new Subhumans album planned I think ). But all these bands exist for 20 years and more now, there are also coming up new bands, like Recharge, Fahnenflucht or Rawside, but the problem is that it´s really hard to get their stuff and I don´t have the money that it would be fertile to follow any band and keep yourself up to date with so many bands.
Mostly I get what I see and like, the thing is that there are so many CDs by old bands left that I need, that I´m not willing to get any more expensive CDs by bands I like one song by, but that still exist.
Furthermore you can maybe admit that you´re rather into this american pop-punk, which can be decent to good (as your band) and by that exist really many bands but that are not my cup of tea.
Last edited by lavazza at Mar 31, 2009,
Star ****ing Hipsters
i want their new cd, i enjoyed their last one so much and still do.
Dick+strings= owww
I forgot about None More Black. They should be releasing something this year.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lavazza
There are deffinitely some, such as Oi Polloi or Citizen Fish (there´s no new Subhumans album planned I think ). But all these bands exist for 2 years and more now, there are also coming up new bands, like Recharge, Fahnenflucht or Rawside, but the problem is that it´s really hard to get their stuff and I don´t have the money that it would be fertile to follow any band and keep yourself up to date with so many bands.
Mostly I get what I see and like, the thing is that there are so many CDs by old bands left that I need, that I´m not willing to get any more expensive CDs by bands I like one song by, but that still exist.
Furthermore you can maybe admit that you´re rather into this american pop-punk, which can be decent to good (as your band) and by that exist really many bands but that are not my cup of tea.

ummmmm

Oi Polloi has been around since the 80s.....
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Newest CD's:

Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Insect Warfare split
Converge - Jane Doe
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Bestial Machinery

Everything since has been pirated; money has better purposes.
Quote by lavazza
a yes I wanted to write 20 years......

haha k your post makes a lot more sense now
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Ok so there has been two new songs put up, one by NoFX and Anti-Flag. And I must say Nofx's song is hell of a lot better.
And those who don't believe this is Anti-Flag's last record " Before they’re through, in fact, they’ve fired off a number of their most explosive political broadsides from the punk-rock trenches yet."
http://sideonedummy.com/bands_bio1205.php?band_name=Anti_Flag
new D,O

oh yeah, The Queers are coming to town! It's gonna be sweet
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by ArsonAarin
Ok so who's cd are you guys most looking forward to:
1. Intro5pect's - with their awesome new bassist some surprise guest vocals
2. NoFX's - may be a little questionable based of their quitter song posted on myspace.
3. Anti-Flag's new cd which is going to be their last cd.

Yes I know Anti-Flag sold out, and blah blah, however I think it is going to be interesting to see how they want to be remembered.

Anti-Flag sold out ? You say that based on what ?
Quote by ArsonAarin
Ok so there has been two new songs put up, one by NoFX and Anti-Flag. And I must say Nofx's song is hell of a lot better.
And those who don't believe this is Anti-Flag's last record " Before they’re through, in fact, they’ve fired off a number of their most explosive political broadsides from the punk-rock trenches yet."
http://sideonedummy.com/bands_bio1205.php?band_name=Anti_Flag

...are you an idiot?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Didn't Anti-Flag just release a new horrible CD? The Bright Lights of America? I pray to God the new album is nothing like that trash.
Quote by yeahyeah
new D,O

oh yeah, The Queers are coming to town! It's gonna be sweet

Is there new D,O coming out other than the 4 song donation thing? I really have to follow this stuff more.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I'll be looking forward to Screaming Females and apparently Queers and Thorns of Life...I didn't know they were releasing new stuff in the near future before readin' this thread....so yeah, that's exciting. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is my Off With Their Heads/Lemuria split but it has not come yet...
All the albums I'm anxious for are either old bands releasing new material, or non-punk bands. But there is that tasty rumor Richard Hell posted on his website a few months ago about forming a new band and recording a new album...
DOWN&OUT
Page 1 of 2