View poll results: What Should I do?
Multi FX(which one)
0 0%
Individual
6 100%
other
0 0%
Voters: 6.
Okay, I have always read these forums but never particapated in them. I need your input on this I have been toying with the idea of getting a muti fx unit for quite sometime.
First I will tell you the basic info that I see frequently having to be yanked out of people.
Style:Ambiant(think, U2), Blues(Think, Eric Clapton & Jimmy Page), And metal and screamo(Think, As I lay Dying, August Burns Red, Norma Jean, Chiodos, Metalica, and Pantera. okay I am little more on the heavy side but I like to play the other stuff too.
Equipment:Fender (MIM) fat Strat, Peavey Classic 30, Blues Driver and a tube Screamer

Okay ,now to get to my question. Would it be better to try to get more individual pedals or get a multi FX
The units I have looked at and been interested in are The Boss ME-70 or 50
and if it would not kill my tone a Line 6 podxt/X3 or a Boss GT-10
I play live at least once a week if not more so it needs to hold up.

P>S: The effects that mean the most(In order greatest to least) are the od/ds, Wah/Volume, Delay, Looper(for practice mostly),Chrous (it has to have a tuner, No brainer ,thats not a effect)then hopefully some other usefull toys for when I feel experimental.
P>S/P>S: sry for being so lenghty hopefully you get what I was trying to convey and can help me.(Please)
If you have the money go for individuals if you don't.. well go multi
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I started off with Multi Effects pedal and was a great way to start out. I got a Digitech RP250 for $150. Considering $150 is about the average price for a good single pedal it made sense at that time with that budget.

You have a nice guitar and amp. I'm not sure how good a multi-effects pedal will sound through a Classic 30. My guess is that you would need to spend $400+ on a good Multi pedal so if that is the case, I would focus on...

Individual Pedals.
If you really don't know what you want, try an inexpensive multi-fx.

I used multi-fx to find out which effects I liked and which I did not, and it helped tremendously.