Basically, I'm having a bit of trouble with sloppy playing. Even at speeds that I can easily play (so in theory, which i can play cleanly), the notes sound very separate, as opposed to one flowing entity.

It's hard to explain, but I put the melody from the song I'm learning at the moment (Vamo Alla Flemenco by the Black Mages) on my profile, without any distortion or anything to show where I am.

Cheers
You need to work on legato. I'm sure there are guides on this site as to how to improve on it
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
I didn't, and can't listen to your sample, but it seems to me, anyways, that you need to take more time to play, listen and practise your music on a regular basis. As well, it helps to have some musically inclined friends, to either jam with, which in the long run would help you make your music flow entirely from end to end; or to have them constructively critisize your abilities.
Quote by Azza Dutt
You need to work on legato. I'm sure there are guides on this site as to how to improve on it

Thanks. yeah, legato needs a lot of work, I'll look for those guides later. The thing thats really bugging me about my playing at the moment is how even my normal picked notes sound sloppy, even if i play them perfectly in time etc. hmm...

Quote by djmay71
I didn't, and can't listen to your sample, but it seems to me, anyways, that you need to take more time to play, listen and practise your music on a regular basis. As well, it helps to have some musically inclined friends, to either jam with, which in the long run would help you make your music flow entirely from end to end; or to have them constructively critisize your abilities.

Yeah I've got my rig hooked up to my laptop now, so im going to start to listen back to my practice sessions . My musically inclined friends mostly around the same skill level as me, I'll see if I can arrange a few jams, thatll do me alot of good I think