Are the Emg 81TW/89 as gud as the 81 and 85's? In terms of powerrrr, gainnn and maybe clean sounds too..

By the way if anyone knows about schecter hellraiser c1 fr's, are their anything bad about them? I havent heard anything bad about them. These have the 81TW and 89's.

Thanks for the help
Schecter is famous for bringing high quality components together for a reasonable price. You'll be happy with it. I have the 81/89s and think they are better than the 81/85 because of their versatility. They sound the same imo, they just have coil tap
nothing wrong with that guitar i want one...
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i must ask, what amp you using? the extra output of actives isnt very useful on solid state amps
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
umm well im using a solid state and my guitar has 81's in it at the moment.h
^but which solid state? it might be better for you to get a new amp than a new guitar, i just like knowing
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by 321caleb
Are the Emg 81TW/89 as gud as the 81 and 85's? In terms of powerrrr, gainnn and maybe clean sounds too..

By the way if anyone knows about schecter hellraiser c1 fr's, are their anything bad about them? I havent heard anything bad about them. These have the 81TW and 89's.

Thanks for the help

The c-1 is a great guitar. There also is a ton of options with these things. You should go try some out before you buy. Make sure you try one with passive super rock 2's in them. Those pickups sound better than EMG's. They are in the c-1 exotic star if you can find one of those to try. Very nice pickups, very nice guitar.

With the emg's they sound good too but I'd rather have passive in that mahogany wood. They also have it fixed or Floyd rose. However you want it. I prefer fixed but if you want to use a whammy bar go for the Floyd rose.

I've owned a lot of guitars over the years and honestly my c-1 exotic star is my favorite guitar. Even over many other more expensive ones. The thing just sounds perfect. The neck pickup is beautiful and the bridge pickup is amazing. The only guitar I've ever purchased that I did not have to do fret work or change the pickups.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i must ask, what amp you using? the extra output of actives isnt very useful on solid state amps

Emg's still sound clear on solid state amps I have owned although I mostly use tube amps nowadays. It depends. I mean having an EMG or good pickups on a solid state will be better than having muddy pickups. I prefer passive pickups as I said in the last post but they have to be good ones. When I first started upgrading from crappy stock pickups, I started using emg's. I was using solid state some back then too and it sounded a lot better and I was able to play while hearing all my notes clearly.