Poll: RX10D with new pickups or RR3?
Poll Options
View poll results: RX10D with new pickups or RR3?
RX10D with new pickups
1 6%
RR3
15 94%
Voters: 16.
If I was to get a reasonably priced RR guitar...which would be better, the RX10D with EMGs or Seymour Duncan Blackouts put in, or a RR3 with stock pickups?

What are the pros and cons of both guitars, cos theyre both bolt on neck arent they? What makes the RR worth more?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
RR3.

Black hardware, Seymour Duncan pickups (not Duncan Designed), better build quality IMO, apparently better electronics.

I dunno, it was the black hardware that made it win me over.
the rx10 has duncan designed pups in it doesnt it? why change them? its pretty much a cheaper jb/jazz set
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ihavenoname93
the rx10 has duncan designed pups in it doesnt it? why change them? its pretty much a cheaper jb/jazz set

Because theyre duncan designed, which is worse than Duncan.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Because theyre duncan designed, which is worse than Duncan.

Have you ever actually played a set of Duncan-designed to have the experience to say so? I played a Samick CD3 with Duncan-designed pickups and, while the bridge lacked a bit of clarity and bite, the neck was perfect for shredding solos.
Duncan pickups are better than duncan designed. I know. I've played guitars with both DD's and SD's and the SD's were far better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That's understandable considering you've actually tried. I was just curious to see if the TS actually has tried them or if he just took everyone else's opinion and went with it. SD's are way better, but DD's can hold their own if needed.
Yeah, I actually LIKE my epi's neck pickup for some things. Wierd, because they suck for everything else.

Anyway....RR3. By far.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I chose RR3 because it is t3h secks
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
it is unanamous (sp?). the winner is the RR3.

/thread
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
im gonna say RR3
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's