my guitar sounds ****ty when tuned in d standard, drop c, and C# standard (not terribly ****ty, but it sounds far better when tuned to E standard). I was using 12s, just to let you know, for when i drop tuned it. Is there anyway to make my guitar more suitable for drop tunings? It a platinum series B.C. Rich JR-V btw
Maybe your intonation is just off. There are screws on the bridge to adjust it.

EDIT: Is it a hard tail or tremolo equipped guitar?
what do you mean by ****ty?

how old are the strings?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah i probably should have been a little more specific...it sounds muddy/sludgey
its in standard tuning now because at first i thought the bad tone was coming from my amp. The strings were probably 3-4 weeks old by the time i switched back to standard/
Lower tuning = low freqs. You add those lower freqs in under distortion its easy to get muddy. It depends on your amp and pickups to. You dont mention if your using stock pickups or what kind of amp.
Quote by stratdud39
yeah i probably should have been a little more specific...it sounds muddy/sludgey

Well, it's kinda meant too... you made it lower, try mucking about with your eq and tone on the amp and guitar. If that dosn't work you'll probably need to switch the pick ups for ones that can handle bass frequencies a bit better.

Just out of interest what amp are you using?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
in the bridge i've got an invader and the neck some dean pickup. Its a line 6 spidervalve 112. I had been screwing around with the EQ for the whole time i had it drop tuned, it didnt seem to work. could anyone recomend me some pickups that can handle the lower frequencies?
this will sound stupid, but are you SURE you have it tuned to the right note?

and also, are you sure you are playing something written for drop tuning?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
this will sound stupid, but are you SURE you have it tuned to the right note?

yes, im sure
btw its pretty much all children of bodom that i'm playing along too
Quote by conor1148

This one time i was playing this guy's acoustic (he was fairly new) I tuned it to drop D and he was like " IT'S IN DROP D?!?!?!" He took the guitar and started strumming a G... I was like......wat \_0_o_/ ?? I guess he just that it made chords sound cooler...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
What i find with drop tunings is that you compensate for it by boosting the mid range of the signal, clarity is unavoidably lost when detuning, keep playing around with your EQ controls, you should be able to coax a usuable sound from it.
Quote by stratdud39
yes, im sure
btw its pretty much all children of bodom that i'm playing along too

Not all COB is dropped. Songs like Evertime I die are D standard
Last edited by El_KINGG33 at Mar 31, 2009,